PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Finally, a browser that's faster (and better) than Opera Mini (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47163)

KillerQ 11-30-2008 11:20 PM

Finally, a browser that's faster (and better) than Opera Mini

Hey all,

I have always been a fan of Opera Mini on my Sprint Mogul with WM 6.1. I found it easier to use, and much faster than SkyFire ever was (or any other browser, for that matter). As far as I was concerned - nothing could beat it.

Until NOW, that is. I just downloaded NetFront 3.5 (concept version) trial HERE.

I have been playing with it (the browser) for a few minutes, and I can already say that it's ridiculously fast! Much faster than Opera Mini - it seems almost instant - no joke. I have yet to scroll onto a piece of a page that was still rendering...

Give it a shot...

Later,

Matt!

lion75y 12-01-2008 01:27 AM

Re: Finally, a browser that's faster (and better) than Opera Mini

well for mee I still think that Skyfre is better.. IDK if you only are looking at the speed but i tried NetFront and its ok but it doesnt show videos basically doesnthave the video plugins as Skyfire does... like for example if you use Skyfire and go to Youtube you will be able to look at the page and also play videos on your phone with NetFront will do the same but will show the error about your Flashplayer and all of that.. I think it is a good browser but not for me I still think Skyfire is better tho

Lylej2k 12-01-2008 01:31 AM

Still a fan of opera mini personally. Not worried about the video as i use youtubeplay now.

Spr0ckEt 12-01-2008 01:45 AM

I'll have to try it out

boubert 12-01-2008 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lion75y (Post 551900)
well for mee I still think that Skyfre is better.. IDK if you only are looking at the speed but i tried NetFront and its ok but it doesnt show videos basically doesnthave the video plugins as Skyfire does... like for example if you use Skyfire and go to Youtube you will be able to look at the page and also play videos on your phone with NetFront will do the same but will show the error about your Flashplayer and all of that.. I think it is a good browser but not for me I still think Skyfire is better tho

I agree!! still a fan of Skyfire......

TheBundo 12-01-2008 01:58 AM

Skyfire

lilk1d777 12-01-2008 04:27 AM

SKYFIRE ftw watch streaming sports games watch hulu videos anything u want skyfire works legit no problems with plugins and applets its awesome

tc32brat 12-01-2008 04:53 AM

i vote for skyfire

Lilhgarcia 12-01-2008 07:59 AM

Skyfire

Hopefully when Flash Player 10 comes out for WM it can work for opera

scheel78 12-01-2008 08:11 AM

opera mini 4.2 is wicked fast.