PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2008, 12:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kinesis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Software or Registry Mod to make the screen turn off after 30-60 sec?

WindowsMo's integrated software in the settings -> backlight panel only dims the screen, is there a way through registry hack or a different piece of software (nuePowerCPL didnt work either) to make the screen dim off automatically after non use regardless if you are listening to music, doing gps, browsing web, whatever.

i dont like the option to turn the phone completely off after a certain time because i have palringo IM and i like to be online all the time.

so there really needs to be an alternative option to save power...

Kind of like my computer monitor at home, it turns off on its own after awhile.. i dont havce to put it to sleep. psShutXP is real close but thats a hassle, theres got to be a way to hack the registry on this to -1 (off) or 0 (lowest brightness possible at the very very least)

why WOULDNT microsoft put this feature in =(

Last edited by kinesis; 11-30-2008 at 12:55 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k
Re: Software or Registry Mod to make the screen turn off after 30-60 sec?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47004 Why are you posting the same question twice? If you feel a re-wording will yield you more responses try editing you previous post. If there is a solution to what you're looking for, someone will find it. give it time.
Don't forget to hit the

Old 11-30-2008, 05:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

myhollowworld2 is becoming a great contributor

I don't really understand what you would accomplish with the screen OFF though. Just kidding. But I don't really see what uses you would have other than for music, and maybe long highway stretches when you're using the GPS. Otherwise, I know my data connection stays open when the backlight goes out. I keep online using Slick with my phone in standby/when suspended.
I guess I just don't see the point. Even if you're listening to music with the backlight all the way, it shouldn't drain that much power. But I guess every little bit counts.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

kinesis is a n00b

fine is there a way to make Power off button link to DisplaySwitch EXE under programs menu?

the poiint is to save power yes, but also prevent screen burn in and / or dead pixels from developing over time.. its not good to have yoru screen blasting all the time.. especially when i run the lock app if the lock app stays on the screen and you unlock it you can see the ghosting of the buttons still

Last edited by kinesis; 11-30-2008 at 06:53 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon-Alltel

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work

s2u2 by A_C

Look for it in the software forum.

Alltel / Verizon
Old 12-01-2008, 12:43 AM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinesis View Post
fine is there a way to make Power off button link to DisplaySwitch EXE under programs menu?

the poiint is to save power yes, but also prevent screen burn in and / or dead pixels from developing over time.. its not good to have yoru screen blasting all the time.. especially when i run the lock app if the lock app stays on the screen and you unlock it you can see the ghosting of the buttons still
LCD screens don't burn in. And which lock app are you talkin about. I can leave my S2U2 running all night with the backlight full blast and unlock it in the morning, and my appointments, the lock bar, weather and any notifications i may have don't burn in nor do i see any ghosting what so ever. So I'm fairly confused by all this.

If what you're looking for mainly is a way to keep the music playing with the device powered down, I again say check out S2P by A_C. And while you're at his site, check out S2U2, its a locking app. the same one I told you about in the last thread you started about this topic. http://www.ac-s2.com/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan