PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 12:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800
Carrier: Alltel

ashgfu is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Unbranded PPC6800 converted to Alltel.. HELP!!!

OK everybody, before I start, I know I'm new here, and I know how forums usually treat noobs, so please just ignore this and help a guy out.

So heres my story... I've recently purchased a PPC6800 and need some help setting up. This particular phone has no carrier, as it is straight from HTC. That means it has none ofany carrier's stuff on it.

Now here's the issue - I need to get the phone running on Alltel. I need to know what I need to tell you guys to get me what I need, and I need to know what updates and downloads I need to put on the phone to make it work on the Alltel network.

Here's what I know: The phone works on the CDMA Network, but the seller tells me it does not support EVDO. I've read around the forum and have seen all of this talk of upgrading the ROM, whatever that means, to support EVDO, and switching from WM5 to WM6 in other carrier versions of the phone, but I need all of this info given to me in an easy understandable guide that will help me get going. Thanks everyone!

Last edited by ashgfu; 11-29-2008 at 12:33 AM.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:56 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Re: Unbranded PPC6800 converted to Alltel.. HELP!!!

Load and Alltel PRL and get them to accept the ESN. How did you get an unbranded phone? I want one!

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:00 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ashgfu is a n00b

OK, where do I get the PRL and ESN stuff? And oh, I bought the phone on eBay.. don't know where the guy got it. Here's the listing info:

*** Phone can be activated through either ALLTEL, SPRINT, or Verizon. ***
*** Wi-Fi works perfectly, but EV-DO DATA PLAN WILL NOT WORK. ***
*** Unit is basically a new unit sold directly by HTC.. ***

The Mogul by HTC runs the latest Windows Mobile 6, and boasts Bluetooth and Wi-Fi as well as a 2-megapixel camera.

Other features include 64MB of RAM, Bluetooth, 802.11g Wi-Fi, a microSD flash memory card slot.

400MHz Qualcomm Processor
Color Touchscreen Display
Windows Mobile 6 Professional OS
64MB RAM / 256MB ROM
microSD Flash Memory Card Slot
Weight: 5.8 Ounces
Onboard Bluetooth 2.0 Wireless
Removable Li-Ion Battery
Onboard 802.11x Wi-Fi
2MP Digital Camera (Still & Video)
Integrated QWERTY Keyboard
CDMA Network Ready
H263 & MPEG4 Video Support
External Wi-Fi On/Off Switch

http://i22.ebayimg.com/05/i/001/1e/31/b3ec_1.JPG

Last edited by ashgfu; 11-29-2008 at 01:05 AM.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:16 AM
My ROMS On My Site

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

The ESN is the number on the back side of the phone (under the battery). When you call Alltel they will ask for that number, there is 3 but you only need to give them one. Download and try some of the EVDO PRL's here. Then place them on your device and dial ##775 then find the file and load it.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:23 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ashgfu is a n00b

Thanks, Man! So, should I start with the newest Non-EVDO Alltel PRL and work my way newest to oldest? Also, how and where do I put the download on the phone? Also, should I install the Alltel WM 6.1 ROM? And how would I do that?

Last edited by ashgfu; 11-29-2008 at 01:27 AM.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:34 AM
My ROMS On My Site

Yes. Install an Alltel ROM then load the PRL.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:35 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Load the newest 300xx PRL from corolada.com/prl and that should cover it.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:47 AM
Lurker

riddler1979 is a n00b
Cool Re: Unbranded PPC6800 converted to Alltel.. HELP!!!

Welcome!

One thing ill mention for your benefit: check out how to upgrade in the titan upgrade forum. The mods and contributors here are quite intuitive in the way that they lay out the steps making it quite easy for anyone with a little computer aptitude and a strong desire to really use their ppc. Once you learn how to make your own win mobile 6.1 with everything you want and nothing you don't, you will be ecstatic. You will have the coolest phone of anyone you know and will be as grateful as the rest of us that the people here are so intelligent and friendly and grateful they share despite the fact that they probably rarely make a dime for all the hard work they put into building these things for us. (you can donate to them in there as well, and you'll be able to easily figure out who is deserving)

Trust me, its worth the time it takes to figure it out. I haven't bricked a phone yet(despite my best efforts!)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan