PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2008, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero 1.5 OS
Carrier: Sprint

jfolliard is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
inadvertent phone calls

I'm having a continuing major problem with inadvertent phones calls from my Mogul. The green telephone icon button is apparently being activated when the phone is in its belt attached cover when I bend over. It redials the last number called and last night I'm being billed for a 48 minute call!

This happens not that infrequently. I tried S2Unlock but that program seemed to have issues with tyring to answer incoming phone calls.

Does anyone know of a way/registry tweak or whatever to:

1. disable the "last number redial" function of that hard button?
2. or, perhaps preventing the tel. numbers from being saved
3. or some other software solution?

This one cost me $18 because it took me over the limit on the last day of my plan's month.

Thanks!!

Jack
Old 11-26-2008, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint-Nextel

UTSAFTW is a n00b
Re: inadvertent phone calls

I just use the Titan's built-in Device Lock on the today screen. It has worked fairly well for me so far.

I'm not sure about other carriers, but on my Sprint branded phone I have it. If you don't see it, you can check to see if you have it going to:
Start->Settings->Today. Then select the "Items" tab on the bottom and select the checkbox for "Device Lock".
Old 11-26-2008, 02:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTSAFTW View Post
I just use the Titan's built-in Device Lock on the today screen. It has worked fairly well for me so far.

I'm not sure about other carriers, but on my Sprint branded phone I have it. If you don't see it, you can check to see if you have it going to:
Start->Settings->Today. Then select the "Items" tab on the bottom and select the checkbox for "Device Lock".
thanks - I'm fiddling with that - do you think there's a way to map a button to it so it would be easier to lock and unlock?
Old 11-26-2008, 03:00 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

there is an option to engage the lock when the pwr button is pushed, and the left softkey will start the unlock.

I personally rely on s2u2 to lock my phone, but there are some other good projects in the works too.
Auto Lock (CSDEVCTRL) by chrisstavrou - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=386451
Sunscape by SevenRains - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=416843

and s2u2 by A_C - http://ac-s2.com/

Last edited by shaggylive; 11-26-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
there is an option to engage the lock when the pwr button is pushed, and the left softkey will start the unlock.

I personally rely on s2u2 to lock my phone, but there are some other good projects in the works too.
Auto Lock (CSDEVCTRL) by chrisstavrou - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=386451
Sunscape by SevenRains - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=416843

and s2u2 by A_C - http://ac-s2.com/
thanks - been working on the built in lock - not sure how to engage it with the pwr button - could you walk me through that?

Thanks.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:21 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

lol, it's been so long since i've used that lock, I'm not the best help with that one..

there should be a "Key Lock" in Settings\System
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

the buttons tab in setting is where you can map it to any button..
Old 11-27-2008, 03:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

strawsy is a n00b

I had this same exact issue. When I hit the power button to shut the screen off I would accidentally hit the button on the left side that calls people. I am sure this is probably your problem too. Once I disabled that button it hasn't happened since.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawsy View Post
I had this same exact issue. When I hit the power button to shut the screen off I would accidentally hit the button on the front lower left that calls people. I am sure this is probably your problem too. Once I disabled that button it hasn't happened since.
are you talking about the hard button , lower left with the green telephone receiver on it? If so, how did you disable it?

The two upper left side buttons don't activate the phone. But the lower fornt left one does redial last number called.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work

just to let everyone know, when the lock button is engaged and if you get a phone call if you are walking and you hit the talk button with your leg, it does answer. i would have thought that this was almost impossible for the timing to be right, but ive answered many a call not knowing it and the wrong person gets an earful..especially the wrong girl. yikes

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan