PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Disable Sddaemon & HTC_Guardian & Make Sprint Pic Exclusive = Success! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46534)

KillerQ 11-25-2008 06:12 PM

Disable Sddaemon & HTC_Guardian & Make Sprint Pic Exclusive = Success!

***Update: After a soft reset, sdaemon, and htc_Guardian automatically recreate themselves... Deleting is impossible since they are in the ROM... I thought a read about a way around this.... looking for it again.....help? I hear that the new ROM makes it this way.)

Hey all,

The title pretty much says it all. I was sick of having to restart or repeatedly clean/release memory on my Sprint HTC Mogul in order to avoid the low memory message with Sprint's Pic Mail app.

So to solve this, I:

a) uninstalled the Pic Mail app from internal memory
b) re-installed it to the SD card
c) Disabled Sddaemon from starting up in the windows/startup folder
d) renamed the HTC_GHuardian.exe file on the device, so It wouldn't start ever (used to be in the startup folder, but not with the new updates - i had to search for it in file explorer)
e) soft reset.

That's it - no issues, no errors or anything! As long as you don't have 100 apps running that are hogging your memory, you shouldn't get the error anymore....

(from what I read, the guardian file protects sprint connection settings....what settings, exactly, does it protect? I just want to be sure not to mess with them...)

Any thoughts?,

Matt!

speedy1979 11-25-2008 11:08 PM

Re: Disable Sddaemon & HTC_Guardian & Make Sprint Pic Exclusive = Success!

I thought sddaemon was for gps.

KillerQ 11-26-2008 11:07 AM

Hey there....

Yea, these 2 files keep popping up, no matter what. I even tried overwriting them with a null file - but nothing works... Oh well.

Besides Oxios and MemMaid, can anyone recommend a quick way to clear/purge memory?

Thanks,

Matt!

dschoenike 11-26-2008 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerQ (Post 543925)

Besides Oxios and MemMaid, can anyone recommend a quick way to clear/purge memory?

Thanks,

Matt!

Yes :) quickmenu 2.7 hibernate function is very nice.
dschoenike

boubert 11-27-2008 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerQ (Post 543925)
Hey there....

Yea, these 2 files keep popping up, no matter what. I even tried overwriting them with a null file - but nothing works... Oh well.

Thanks,

Matt!

Clear Temp, works great!.. and it can be set up to clean on startup. memory low? with ClearTemp just soft reset and all is good!!!

KillerQ 11-27-2008 11:06 AM

Thanks,

I'll try Clear Temp - however, even without an app, a soft-reset seems to clear enough to avoid the low memory message with sprint...

I'll try it now - thanks!

sonyday40 11-27-2008 12:00 PM

......use total commander and edit both programs...deleting the program within the program file...you can not delete either of these progams because they are in the rom....so select edit,then select all and delete from within the program file itself...and i promise you neither one of these programs will bother you again! These programs were a major ram problem for us mogul owners! Please,please dont forget to back up both programs by copying them to your memory card as you never know when you might need them again! Good luck!

speedy1979 11-27-2008 04:13 PM

Perhaps there is a program that can kill a process automatically on startup.

KillerQ 11-27-2008 04:54 PM

SonyDay -

Thanks, I just changed their attributes, and deleted their contents! - i'll give that a shot! Anything I need to be careful of once I delete these programs?

Odd.....i'll work on it....

Later,

Matt!