PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Palm messaging App on 6800/Mogul/Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=4621)

Elbimster 05-29-2007 12:50 PM

Palm messaging App on 6800/Mogul/Titan

So will the same Palm messaging app I use on my 6700 work on the 6800? Or was this written specifically for the 6700, and someone would have to rewrite it for the 6800? Just curious.

Pibe38 05-29-2007 02:14 PM

Well as the name says, it was really written for Palm devices... to be more specific, for the Treo 750 since the Treo 700w/wx doesn't even have it.

Until someone tries it on the 6800 there's no way to know if it will work or not. There's only one version out, and noone is working on it after Palm asked us to stop developing and distributing it.

djhustla 05-29-2007 08:23 PM

My friend has the HTC P4000 aka 6800 from Telus and has it installed and it is working perfect!

e-dub 05-29-2007 11:28 PM

i don't see why it wouldn't. it was written for windows mobile...

eric b

Pibe38 05-30-2007 02:05 AM

Still, I remember reading over at XDA that some devices were not able to run it. Don't really remember why...

Darth Pooh 05-30-2007 08:23 AM

my only gripe is how small the text looks in landscape mode on the 6700. I mean, it is VICOUSLY small, not even changing system text size helps with the way it looks... my point being, I hope it doesn't look that bad on the 6800.

IamBatman21 05-30-2007 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Pooh
my only gripe is how small the text looks in landscape mode on the 6700. I mean, it is VICOUSLY small, not even changing system text size helps with the way it looks... my point being, I hope it doesn't look that bad on the 6800.

I have it installed on my P4000 from Telus, works great. I have found the work around for this problem is to open the chat window in portrait mode before opening your slider....then the text stays large.

The only other problem I have on occasion is that sometimes my phone dialer comes up when I start typing if the input box doesn't have focus. Just need to make sure that it does....funny thing huh?

bigmikemn 05-30-2007 09:05 PM

It will be interesting to see how it installs on a WM6 device.

lattisimo 05-31-2007 09:28 AM

I had installed the app on the test device i got my hands on. it works just fine. i found no difference in using it on the 6800 than my 6700 w/AKU 3.5. all the way down to the low battery icon bug.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmikemn
It will be interesting to see how it installs on a WM6 device.

That is the true question!

Pibe38 06-19-2007 04:15 PM

Merging threads...

Quote:

Originally Posted by iammike
Well, first thing I did when I got the Mogul was to install the Palm Threaded SMS app and see how it worked.

I followed instructions from the following thread....
I can't post the link because I don't have enough forum post. >_<

The program installed, the bottom left softkey was replaced with a SMS button which when pressed opens the Palm app. I tried this in landscape mode since I had read somewhere that the text was unbearably small when doing that but it seemed fine to me.

I couldn't test actual sending and receiving since the phone isn't activated yet but their is one little problem as a result of the installation and I honestly have no idea the effects it would have on the Mogul.

Upon a soft reset, the following error comes up now....

'cprog' is not a valid Pocket PC application.

Once I click ok the Mogul seems to run fine but I obviously haven't been able to check it all out.

I'm thinking maybe somewhere out there their are instructions for installing the Palm app successfully on the 6700 and that instructions for that device might lead me in a different direction then the instructions for the 700wx but I need to take a look around and see what I can find.