PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2007, 12:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800

scoobywho is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The Worste Pain Ever Please Read And Help

OK I JUST BAUGHT MY MOGUL 4 WEEKS AGO AND THIS THING IS AMAZING WOW!! NO PROBLEMS BEEN LEARNING AND USING ALOT OFF DIFFERENT APPS THAT KICK ARSS LOL ANYWAY ABOUT 2 WEEK AGO I REALIZED THAT MY THREADED SMS CORUPTED MY SMS IN A WHOLE... THAT MENT I COULDNT SEND OR RECIEVE ANY TEXT MESSAGES....AFTER 3 HOURS OF CONFIGURATING I JUST DELETED MY THREDED SMS AND WENT BACK TO THE SUCKY WM6 VERSION OF TEXTING .. BUT THEN I FOUND OUT THAT IT SAID I HAD 2 UNREAD TEXT MESSAGES BUT WHEN I CHECK EVERY FOLDER IN THE PHONE KNOWN TO MAN THERE WAS NO SUCH THING???

OK HERE IS WERE THE PAIN BEGINS... EVER SINCE THEN I JUST COULD NEVER GET THREADED SMS MESSAGING TO WORK AND I REMOVED IT FROM MY PPC MULTI TIMES .. WHEN I INSTALLED THIS PALM VERSION 750 THREADED SMS I FOUND ... IT STILL DIDNT LET ME OPEN THE SMS SCREEN.. SOMETHING IS HOLDING ME BACK!!!.. SO ME EXPIRIMENTING AND BEING A DUMMY I WENT INTO MY WINDOWS FOLDER AND DELETED MY "messagingapp.exe" thinking that would solve the problem ...(ALSO YOU WOULD THINK I WOULD GET AN ERROR MESSAGE STATING YOU CANT DELETE THIS) but it seems without that your PPC has no central folder to oppen your SMS now im ANGRY... IF SOMEONE I KNEW HAD A MOUGUL MAYBE I COULD COPY THERE's BUT DOES ANY 1 HAVE A BETTER SOLUTION?? I DONT GO BACK TO WORK UNTIL TOMMROOW SO THATS 24HOURS WITHOUT SMS My girlfriend is gonna kill me LOL I need the PPCGEEKS police please help here's my info

AIM:canuhandleit2g5
Yahoo:scoobywhoproductions@yahoo.com

PS.if you check your windows folder on your Mogul you will see at the bottom "messagingapp.exe you can copy and send it to my email thanx guys!
Old 10-11-2007, 03:15 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Thread merged.

What's with the caps?

I really think you should just hard reset.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 10-13-2007, 04:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 800w, HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

kalibar is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to kalibar
I've been having some screwy issues with ThreadedSMS.

-- For starters, I can't seem to figure out how to stop the really long vibrate effect from happening upon receipt of a new message, even if my Mogul is set to completely silent.
-- The fonts of previous messages of conversations inside the client itself seem to arbitrarily choose to display either in the normal, comfortably-readable size or (at their own discretion, seemingly) in a smaller size that's kind of a pain to read.
-- I can't for the life of me figure out how to disable auto-capitalization of the first letter of a sentence. Stuff like "Lol" and "Oh cool" and "Really" look ridiculously out-of-place to me in a casually-if-at-all capitalized SMS session. I poked around in the registry but couldn't find an option to disable this.
-- The program seems to randomly turn my Mogul's screen on if I leave it running, but this issue is resolved by using HTC Task Manager to keep it closed when I hit the X-Button. Still, weird and annoying.
-- I don't think I'm getting all of my messages. My brother told me today that he had sent five different text messages, none of which arrived on my Mogul. Maybe ThreadedSMS is to blame, maybe it's something else, but that's pretty alarming. I remember reading about this issue on PDAPhoneHome and elsewhere when the Mogul first dropped and people were running ThreadedSMS on it, so immediately after installing the client, I got out another phone and sat down and fired about 50 text messages back and forth between my ThreadedSMS-powered Mogul and my secondary phone. Neither of them missed a message, but now my Mogul is.

Hell, I don't know. It could be baseless paranoia, but something really feels "off" about this client. I don't even know if I'm using the latest/"right" version or whatever -- the file I have is just called "WM6_threaded.cab", and it appears to be the release that Codyppc was gracious enough to repackage for us. Still, this thing doesn't seem to be ready for primetime.

Last edited by kalibar; 10-15-2007 at 02:28 AM.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:51 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Remember this thing never left the beta status. It was extracted from the Treo 750 and people stopped working on it due to Palm asking them to because of their intellectual property.

There is no later version, there's only one. The only thing codyppc did was repackage it for both WM5 and WM6, and also add different CABs for button assignment.

This app was never, it is not, and will never be 'ready for primetime'. It sucks, but there's nothing we can do.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:47 PM
N00b

kalibar is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
This app was never, it is not, and will never be 'ready for primetime'. It sucks, but there's nothing we can do.
Yeah, I'm familiar with the backstory and kind of figured as much. I just thought that for as many people as there are that are still using it, maybe someone had come up with roundabout hackjob ways to correct some of the issues.

I guess what I'm really looking for is an alternative program that threads text messages. I tried out Textr since it looked pretty awesome in the screenshot previews, but man oh man did it ever turn out to be a flaming abortion. Slow, buggy, takes over your hardware keys -- really lame product. The best solution I've been able to come up with is to just leave the stock client and to use PocketCM's SMS threading feature when you want to see a conversation-style view. PocketCM is a lovely program, but it really takes an uncomfortably long time for it to start up, and the screen orientation switch from portrait to landscape feels really sluggish as well.

Oh well. Perhaps someone else has or will come up with a better solution. This is one area that the iPhone is really kicking our ass.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

markppc6700 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to markppc6700
how do i turn off the vibration on this or if i am in a chat is there a way for the alarm to not go off? like how it worked in the wm5 version
Old 10-13-2007, 07:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work
There are multiple versions of this floating around. Depending on which thread you download it from you may be getting an outdated version. I have seen the Palm one, codyppc's modded palm. etc. etc.

What is the CURRENT best choice for threaded SMS? I have seen mention of bugs and so on. Which version of the official Palm ripped app is everyone using?

NOT ASKING FOR LINKS TO THE ACTUAL FILES
Old 10-13-2007, 11:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
I use Cody's version and it works very well on my Mogul.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 10-14-2007, 05:39 AM
N00b

kalibar is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesus View Post
I use Cody's version and it works very well on my Mogul.
Can you define "very well"? I'm using Cody's and had all kinds of issues. Are you having any of those same issues?
Old 10-14-2007, 06:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus 128gb
Carrier: AT&T

jtrag is keeping up the good workjtrag is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jtrag Send a message via MSN to jtrag Send a message via Yahoo to jtrag Send a message via Skype™ to jtrag
I don't have any issues with Cody's WM6 version of the Palm Threaded SMS app. It works great. No issues at all.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan