PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 06:17 PM
dearls

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
big reason for leaving

I have done all there is to do with my xv6800 from verizon flashed to latest roms, installed every UI out there and am just plain tired of problems that arise from it all. dont get me wrong, right now its running good but i use alot of media stuff and when i do it just starts goin down hill and its back to reset button. my main use is internet browsing, camera and movies, music which no matter what software i use it still just doesnt hae the hardware to handle it smoothly. verizon wil have the touch pro but they have crippled it too much and pls i personally jst dont like the lok of it.
Soooooooo,,,,,,,,,,,, I made the jump to the other side...... BB Storm coming monday and will try it out and see how it goes. its nice to mess with WM but am tired of it as well. Just take a look at the threads hre and xda and its the same thing everyday.... this wont work or that is messed up.... so the best thing is to buy it and leave it alone if you dont want problems so might as well just buy something i dont have to mess with like the storm, plus larger screen, louder sounds (without reg edits etc) just fire it up and enjoy it.
just my 2 cents..............
Old 11-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: big reason for leaving

Good luck with your move to the Blackberry Storm... I have read so-so reviews of the device, but to each his own... All phones will have faults... I do remember you posting a thread similar to this... It was in the Touch Pro forum, no?
Old 11-21-2008, 06:30 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Wanna sell your 6800?

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:51 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

I'm gonna go play with it, but the no wi-fi is a big killer for me as i am not in a evdo area... not even evdo rev 0!
Don't forget to hit the

Old 11-21-2008, 06:52 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lylej2k View Post
I'm gonna go play with it, but the no wi-fi is a big killer for me as i am not in a evdo area... not even evdo rev 0!
Ouch... Not even EVDO rev 0?
Old 11-21-2008, 06:54 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
Ouch... Not even EVDO rev 0?
No sir... just plain ol 1x, but if you look at vzw's coverage area evdo rev 0 is all around Erie pa just not in Erie. I can drive to my parents house which is near the ny line and it will flicker 1x and ev. If I go a little further down the road to my friend rich's house its EV. So Gay
Old 11-21-2008, 06:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

kdj67f is becoming a great contributor

Another person leaving for a blackberry. Why cant you leave quietly and post a review when they return to WM?
Old 11-21-2008, 08:56 PM
dearls

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
Good luck with your move to the Blackberry Storm... I have read so-so reviews of the device, but to each his own... All phones will have faults... I do remember you posting a thread similar to this... It was in the Touch Pro forum, no?
1. No sorry BigDiesel07 wasnt me had to be another unsatisfied waiting forever WM user...

2. Sorry but no (PDAPhoneJunkie) i will let the wife have my 6800 so i dont haver to buy her a new phone right now, she only texts and make calls so it will be fine for her.

3. As a long time member and still an owner of a wm device i have the right just as much as anyone (kdj67f ) to post my thoughts and opinions here. (unless of course you are the owner of this site? thought not)

4. I know it has no wifi but i have excellent service in my area and never turn my 6800 wifi on ever so that was no big deal to me.

I have never stated the storm will be the king sh*t just saying for verizon it seems to be the best to offer me for my needs and wants.
They are *supposed to* release the touch pro (slower weaker than sprint version) as well as the samsung omnia but i do not care for the ook of either one of them and after all when it comes down to it you still have to like what you own.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:15 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Didn't U made this thread too? R U gonna make new threads for every reason for leaving? LOL

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45130

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 11-21-2008, 09:22 PM
dearls

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
Didn't U made this thread too? R U gonna make new threads for every reason for leaving? LOL

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45130
As I stated i have as much right as you to post here anything i like
why does it bother you? dont like what you read, just move on and mind your own.
and if i (or many many other wm users) posted all the reasons they are not happy with wm you could not read everyone of them in a years time (oh wait the forum IS full of them threads. lol
just adding my 2 cents and thats my right
thank you
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan