PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Lurker

dopdahtc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A prolem with HTC6800 upgrade you may be interested

Hi my friend, here's a prblem with the HTC6800 and I think you may have interest in it:

The phone is running on a CDMA network operated by Iusacell in Mexico and is in Spanish version. The ROM version is 2.18 while the RADIO is 1.67, both too outdated. I intended to upgrade them to a higher version so as to install a GPS-enabled ROM, but troubles came.

I tried to unlock it by using the TitanUnlocker and at the beginning it run smoothly. I even found SPL 2.40 on the 3-color screen. Then I disconnected the cable and reconnected it as instructed, but the PC and the phone couldnot be synchronized, which led to failure in unlocking the phone and upgrading the ROM.

The worst thing was coming after an upgrade failure that the synchronization became available for a few seconds and then failed. After that failure, the phone went into a hibernation mode, that is, it neither wakes up in a black screen nor the keyboard functions. At the same time, a promt indicating "Detecting settings" after the ActiveSyn is stared for synchronization between the PC and the phone, which further makes the upgrade impossible.
So, hope you may help me find out what's wrong with the phone and how to handle them. Thanks very much.

If you need to find me for more information with the phone, plz add my SKY account: shmtu2
Old 11-20-2008, 04:21 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: A prolem with HTC6800 upgrade you may be interested

When I first read this post, it sounded like one of those Nigerian Spam emails... Hi my friend... lol...

I would try a Hard Reset of your phone.. Then run the program over again.. It might have been a one-time thing...

If you are stuck in the boot loader, look at this link...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ght=bootloader

If you need more reference for unlocking your Mogul, check this out...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45595
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:43 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dopdahtc is a n00b

I did try a hard reset but the problme still persisted. The most difficult is that the PC and the phone cannot be synchronized so as to unlock and then upgrade.

The phone is not stuck in the bootloader mode. It seems work well because I can make calls but it goes into the hibernation mode and never wakes up after the screen turns dark.

Is there anything wrong with the software or hardware? What can I do to fix it?
Old 11-20-2008, 04:47 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Look at this troubleshooting guide from Microsoft...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...nc-no-usb.mspx

I had an issue where the Mogul wouldn't sync with my computer... I followed this guide and I was able to make it work... I don't know about your hibernation issue though...
Old 11-21-2008, 02:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular

BillThyCat is becoming a great contributor

What you are describing it very common when you have the wrong boot loader loaded. Once you flash the radio and rom the problem will go away.

You can flash the radio via SD card from the bootloader screen, and then you can flash the rom via activesync (tho again, from the bootloader screen).

Once both are flashed the phone should work fine, however you will need to load carrier cabs for your carrier and may need to change some of the settings to get data back and operational.

Otherwise if you decide you don't want to flash the phone, I think the titan-relocker tool should roll it back to an older SPL and then it should boot and work normally as well.

You will have to do some searching for each of these methods, but once it's done, it will be easy in the future for any additional flashing.

BTC

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan