PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2008, 09:16 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP! Can't get a GPS Lock

Alright guys, I got a replacment and I am am very unhappy with it. There is a small scratch in the right upper left of screen and the phone drops signal and EVDO, it then comes back with 3 bars and 1X then soon EVDO. Anyhow, I am going to keep it for awhile. So I unlocked, then tried to find a radio that would go in because it came with this MR1 update which is horrible except for battery life. I had to flash with on of dcd's rom to get radio 3.42.02. I have no 2gb SD so I am always trying to find ways to use USB. So I flashed with a ktichen ROM. I then fixed up that thing with the QSPT guide from XDA. I launched Google Maps and I can not get any GPS lock. I have tried everywhere. I have read these forums for at least 6 hours. So, can someone please help me get GPS going? Thanks munchly.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: HELP! Can't get a GPS Lock

Hey Bro, did you turn on your location?
Old 11-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800

mestup is a n00b

check if your location is on... also try astrogps.. it may help u get a lock quicker.. it worked fo rme
Old 11-20-2008, 06:05 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

@weedahoe: Yeah I followed the guide exactly.

@mestup: Isn't that only good if you have a data connection? I don't as I am on WiFi.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:40 PM
VIP Member

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Yeah data will assist in faster locks only due to aGPS involved. But getting the WiFi isnt hard I dont think as the only things you need to do were have a Sprint radio, a ROM version high enough and Location enabled. I really think that is it but will look around for you to make sure Im (and you) are not missing anything.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:56 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

Thanks. Well it looks like since it had the MR1 update some other junk needs to be done. I am getting so tried. I have read numerous threads, and some point to others and it's just so hard to find straight answers. I had a hard enough time trying to get radio 3..35 on here, I used a Sprint stock rom from a sticky here. I was using 3.42.02 but on my old unit I had 3.35 and it worked perfect. If I can not get this working I will call back VZW with the sratched screen and white spot issue and hope I can get a refurb without MR1 like my friend did.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:05 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

If you can't get it to work get in the IRC channel and we'll try to help there.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular

BillThyCat is becoming a great contributor

Install the original Verizon 6.0 firmware, then go thru the steps to flash it to a custom rom. Having MR1 on it causes you have to roll back before you can do anything.

BTC
Old 11-21-2008, 03:50 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

Thanks guys. But I heard you can't go from GPS to non-GPS. Anyhow, I called and a nice girl got me a replacment, she even is doing overnight shipping for SATURDAY. I was happy, cause I don't wanna wait till Monday. The phone hasa problem with droping signal and my battery life is going down the tubes. Plus I have the same white spot. O'well, another refurb for me.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:52 AM
VIP Member

I swear you have the absolute worse luck of anyone I know.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan