PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2008, 09:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G2 and HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Matchstick is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Matchstick Send a message via MSN to Matchstick Send a message via Yahoo to Matchstick Send a message via Skype™ to Matchstick
Exclamation Problem with my Titan... Can't figure it out.

Ok... this is weird. I wish I had screen shots to show you, but I'm at work and can't take them right now.

I have an Alltel Titan, running stock WinMo 6.1. With a few enhancements. HTC Home customizer, Skyfire, Nimbuzz, S2U2, among others. But I don't think those have anything to do with the problem.

The problem is (in the order i noticed them): while texting useing the slide out keyboard, the cursor indicating where I am as far as what I've typed, is exactly where it should be, but no letters have actually showed up on my screen. So I close the keyboard and the missing words appeared, so I reopened the keyboard and continued typing. And sure enough, the letters stopped coming, but the cursor kept moving.

Then, whenever I would open a program, in the area where the name of the program would be (i.e. the start menu spot) it shows the name of the program, but in all other aspects, the program has not opened. I'm still looking at my today screen and if I touch the screen, it goes to whatever I touched on the today screen. And doesn't even open that. the same thing happens again.

I'm not sure anything else is wrong. This is just what I've noticed, and is the most annoying.

Here's the kicker. I do a soft reset, as one would, and everything works fine... for about 20 minutes, if I'm not doing anything extensive. Then it all goes to crap again. I've even powered down, and removed the battery for over a minute. Still does the same thing when running for over 15 minutes.

This started happening yesterday. Ironically, yesterday, I didn't actually install any new programs on my phone. Just a few of the ringtones from the thread on here. So that's why I can't figure out what did it. It's kinda random, and I was wondering if anyone on here had any suggestions. I'm trying to avoid a hard reset (mainly because I don't know how to do one of those). Because that's a lot of .cab's to reinstall. That's annoying. LoL

But this is call to all of you who are geekier than I. HELP!!!!
Old 11-19-2008, 09:14 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Problem with my Titan... Can't figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchstick View Post
Ok... this is weird. I wish I had screen shots to show you, but I'm at work and can't take them right now.

I have an Alltel Titan, running stock WinMo 6.1. With a few enhancements. HTC Home customizer, Skyfire, Nimbuzz, S2U2, among others. But I don't think those have anything to do with the problem.

The problem is (in the order i noticed them): while texting useing the slide out keyboard, the cursor indicating where I am as far as what I've typed, is exactly where it should be, but no letters have actually showed up on my screen. So I close the keyboard and the missing words appeared, so I reopened the keyboard and continued typing. And sure enough, the letters stopped coming, but the cursor kept moving.

Then, whenever I would open a program, in the area where the name of the program would be (i.e. the start menu spot) it shows the name of the program, but in all other aspects, the program has not opened. I'm still looking at my today screen and if I touch the screen, it goes to whatever I touched on the today screen. And doesn't even open that. the same thing happens again.

I'm not sure anything else is wrong. This is just what I've noticed, and is the most annoying.

Here's the kicker. I do a soft reset, as one would, and everything works fine... for about 20 minutes, if I'm not doing anything extensive. Then it all goes to crap again. I've even powered down, and removed the battery for over a minute. Still does the same thing when running for over 15 minutes.

This started happening yesterday. Ironically, yesterday, I didn't actually install any new programs on my phone. Just a few of the ringtones from the thread on here. So that's why I can't figure out what did it. It's kinda random, and I was wondering if anyone on here had any suggestions. I'm trying to avoid a hard reset (mainly because I don't know how to do one of those). Because that's a lot of .cab's to reinstall. That's annoying. LoL

But this is call to all of you who are geekier than I. HELP!!!!
I had the first problem you have... If you wait a while, the text will eventually show up... The Mogul just slows down (that's why the soft reset works- initially at least)...

And that second problem too... Sometimes the program will open, other times it won't... Annoying for sure..

Sadly, my piece of advice involves Hard Resetting the phone... It was the only thing I could do to solve the problem... It worked great after I did that, with none of the errors that made me do such a drastic step in the first place..

Hard Reset
You can also perform a hard reset (also known as a full reset). A hard reset should be performed only if a normal reset does not solve a system problem. After a hard reset, the device is restored to its default settings — the way it was when you first purchased it and turned it on. Any programs you installed, data you entered, and settings you customized on the device will be lost. Only Windows Mobile software and other pre-installed programs will remain.

To perform a hard reset:
1. Press and hold both softkeys on the device. Keep these keys pressed, and at the same time, use the stylus to lightly press and hold the RESET button on the bottom of your device.
NOTE: I had no idea which of the many keys were considered the soft keys. They are the two buttons above the phone control buttons.
2. Release the stylus but keep the softkeys pressed when you see the following message on your device screen:
“Do you want to erase all user data and restore to manufacture default?”
3. Slide open the hardware keyboard, and press R to restore to factory default or press X to exit the hard reset process.
Note:
Your device will be set back to factory default settings. Please ensure any additional installed programs and user data have been backed up before a hard reset is performed.
There you go. Hard reset on the Sprint Mogul.

If you do, I would BACK UP ALL CONTACTS, INFO, FILES, ETC... Those .CAB files... If you still have them on your phone, you can move those to your computer too.. I hope you can solve it another way, but a Hard Reset solved those problems...

Above advice on Hard Reset comes from this website

http://e0d.com/blog/how-to-hard-reset-the-sprint-mogul
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to Matchstick Send a message via MSN to Matchstick Send a message via Yahoo to Matchstick Send a message via Skype™ to Matchstick

Thanks man. I think I'm gonna have to do that when I get home.

I figured out when my text starts disappearing. It's when I hit the letter "I" and then space. Everything after that doesn't show up. And it's only when I've hit that sequence of buttons. Weird huh?
Old 11-19-2008, 11:46 PM
Big MVP Diesel

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

No problem.. I hope it works for you.. Just make sure you back up.. It must be a software bug for the hardware keyboard.. Very weird
Old 11-20-2008, 12:18 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Wow. I would suggest hard resetting.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Did a hard reset. It seems to be working just fine now. We'll see how things go.

I'm in the process of reinstalling all my .cab's and such. Man this is f'ing tedious.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:44 PM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Usually I can be up in a couple of hourse at the worst.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Big MVP Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchstick View Post
Did a hard reset. It seems to be working just fine now. We'll see how things go.

I'm in the process of reinstalling all my .cab's and such. Man this is f'ing tedious.
If you are having to find the .Cab's online, can you post the links in this thread?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...013#post532013

I am trying to create a one-stop shop for all the link's to programs for the Mogul... This way people don't have to search around for them, they can just go to that thread to find the link...
Old 11-20-2008, 06:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

No, I keep them backed up in a folder on my computer. It's much easier that way. It's just tedious to go and install them all. Doing soft resets when nessecary.

But, everything is working fine now.... apparently I'd been slowing down for a while now. Because the phone is faster now than I remember it being recently. LOL. It's like I forgot how fast the thing can actually be. Haha.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:03 PM
I see you have a PPC.

You should try nueROM M 206.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan