PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2008, 07:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Silent_Patriot is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Turning an XV6800 into a Mogul

I've seen a lot of people asking about putting a Sprint device on the Verizon Wireless network, but what about the other way around?

I'm too tired to put up a good fight with the search button, so help me out please?
Old 11-19-2008, 08:07 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Turning an XV6800 into a Mogul

I would check this thread out first... It will help you unlock your phone, and if you are so inclined, creating your own custom ROM to put your xv6800 on Sprint...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33857

Then you would want to upload a Sprint ROM onto your phone.. After that, you would have to call Sprint and have them activate the phone... Obviously, I glossed over a lot of details, but that is the basic way to go...
Old 11-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Big MVP Diesel

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

Also, check out this link too.... It covers everything about converting from Verizon to Sprint...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=415077
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Silent_Patriot is becoming a great contributor

Thanks Big D. I'm not a bad chef and have been cooking ROMs for my XV6800 and XV6700 before that, so got that part covered, but the link you provided is for converting a Sprint phone to VZW, and I'm trying to go in the other direction from VZW to Sprint.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:30 PM
Big MVP Diesel

Sorry about that... I was searching through the forums (like you did.. smart guy) and saw that link... The guy had said it was for Verizon to Sprint... So I took his word for it... I honestly don't see why you couldn't do the conversion... They are both CDMA and both have ESN's... I wish you good luck in doing it..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan