PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2008, 04:34 AM
Lurker

dopdahtc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to upgrade

Hi my friends,

Last time I tried to upgrade my Spanish-version HTC6800 which is customized by Mexico Iusacell, a CDMA operator, but failed at last because the mobile nubmer written to the phone was lost after I unlocked it and upgrade the SPL.

This time I read a lot of threads in this forum but the above problem still puzzles me. I have the following questions and hope you may make me clear:

1. Do I have to unlock the phone and upgrade the SPL if I want to use a GSP ROM?

2. Since I have to upgrade the ROM version, how can I backup the phone number information? I know the QPST must be used, but how to use it since I cannot unlock the phone.

Thanks for your reply.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:12 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: How to upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopdahtc View Post
Hi my friends,

Last time I tried to upgrade my Spanish-version HTC6800 which is customized by Mexico Iusacell, a CDMA operator, but failed at last because the mobile nubmer written to the phone was lost after I unlocked it and upgrade the SPL.

This time I read a lot of threads in this forum but the above problem still puzzles me. I have the following questions and hope you may make me clear:

1. Do I have to unlock the phone and upgrade the SPL if I want to use a GSP ROM?

2. Since I have to upgrade the ROM version, how can I backup the phone number information? I know the QPST must be used, but how to use it since I cannot unlock the phone.

Thanks for your reply.
1. I think you have to unlock it, but I am not 100% sure... Look here if you decide to...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33857

2. I would write all your phone number information down... Unless you mean contact info, which then just use ActiveSync... And I think you mean ESPT, not QSPT..
Old 11-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopdahtc View Post
Hi my friends,

Thanks for your reply.
1. to run a GPS Rom/Radio you'll need to be unlocked with either olipro 2.40 or NueSPL 2.47

2. By phone number information, do you mean your contacts? if so a program like sbp backup or sprite backup will do this.

If you're talking about phone information you'll need to go into your epst and copy it down from there. #776 i believe, or you can go into your windows folder and launch it from there.
Don't forget to hit the

Old 11-16-2008, 07:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dopdahtc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lylej2k View Post
1. to run a GPS Rom/Radio you'll need to be unlocked with either olipro 2.40 or NueSPL 2.47

2. By phone number information, do you mean your contacts? if so a program like sbp backup or sprite backup will do this.

If you're talking about phone information you'll need to go into your epst and copy it down from there. #776 i believe, or you can go into your windows folder and launch it from there.
-----------------

1. I'm afraid the unlocking actions will destroy the phone number information that is written into the cell phone before I use EPST for backup because of the SPL upgrade during the unlocking process. How can I unlock the phone that has number written in? Just use TitanUnlocker?

2. I do not mean the contact info actually but the phone number info 'cause it's written inside. However, it seem if I do not unlock the phone, it's unable to access the QPST for backup. What should I do next?

BTW, what's the difference between ESPT and QPST? If I want to backup the phone number info, which one should I use?
Old 11-17-2008, 07:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: MOgul 6700
Carrier: Metro

stanislavorekhov408 is a n00b

you can use any pim back up program. They are really useful especially when trying to unlock or hard reset your phone. It is called PimBack up. You can find it in the forum if you go to search and look up pimbackup. Hope this helps

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan