PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Opera On Mogul Always Running Out Of Memory (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44864)

bayushikitsune 11-14-2008 07:02 PM

Opera On Mogul Always Running Out Of Memory

what the hell is going with opera beta on the mogul. i keep getting an error box saying "out of memory close tabs" but i only have one tab and opera is the only program running. i need some help here cus i love opera :protest:

BigDiesel07 11-14-2008 07:06 PM

Re: Opera On Mogul Always Running Out Of Memory

Opera 9.5 beta or Opera Mini 4.2 beta?

Either way try removing the program and then re-installing it... You might have a corrupted install.

bayushikitsune 11-14-2008 08:04 PM

well its not corrupted because it run fine but sometimes it will try to load a page then it will give the error. is there a way to immprove the memory?

JaredC01 11-14-2008 08:46 PM

The Mogul only has 64MB of RAM, typically with under 15MB of said RAM available at any one time... What's happening, is the program, plus the website, ends up trying to use more RAM than the Mogul has available.

Unfortunately the only options you have are to upgrade to a phone with more memory, or use your desktop / laptop.

bayushikitsune 11-14-2008 08:51 PM

looks like its time for a upgrade and im so poor

MikeElGiga23 11-14-2008 08:56 PM

the best remedy to eliminate problems like this is to flash to nuerom pre3, the nuekernel gives you a whopping 32+ megs after a hard reset!!! I have over 30 applications in my main memory and manila2d running and i get 27 megs at boot and idle at 23-24 all day so opera never gives me the "out of memory error"

Mogul lacks RAM and heavy software like Opera Mobile isnt recommended for a device like this, but no2chem made me fall in love with my device once more and now memory troubles are a thing of the past!!!

MrObvious 11-14-2008 09:18 PM

Or just flash nueROM-M. I'm running it now and it's amazing. My phone is blazing right now.

MikeElGiga23 11-14-2008 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 520214)
Or just flash nueROM-M. I'm running it now and it's amazing. My phone is blazing right now.

nuerom-m?? is that the new version??? can you confirm that ie6 is included or is it still in the works??

jbearamus 11-14-2008 09:43 PM

what build are you using? i was having the same issue but it was recommended to me by someone else on the site (sorry i forgot who) to use build 1660 and it runs fine now

MrObvious 11-15-2008 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike20pr (Post 520225)
nuerom-m?? is that the new version??? can you confirm that ie6 is included or is it still in the works??

Yeah. You can download it off of nuerom.com. The only thing really missing or buggy is it's missing a comm manager but that's just a cab file.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbearamus (Post 520258)
what build are you using? i was having the same issue but it was recommended to me by someone else on the site (sorry i forgot who) to use build 1660 and it runs fine now

I forget how to check. Sorry.