PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   VX6800 WM 6.1 unread threaded SMS when I am viewing it (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44851)

crcucb 11-14-2008 05:50 PM

VX6800 WM 6.1 unread threaded SMS when I am viewing it

I have VX6800 from Verizon and upgraded to WM 6.1 I have been using the new threaded messages, few things.

1) It's kind of slow, anyone got another good SMS threaded tool that is more responsive?

2) How can I delete older messages, like everything over a week old?

3) Most importantly, if I am viewing a thread between my wife and I and she sends me a new message, my phone still pops up and says I have an unread message. But I am their in the thread. Is their a way for it to know it's read by the mere fact that I am reading it in the thread?

Thanks
-C

MrObvious 11-14-2008 09:24 PM

Re: VX6800 WM 6.1 unread threaded SMS when I am viewing it

Disable the suggestions when you type stuff in. That should speed it up. And you'll just have to clean out your texts.

Lylej2k 11-14-2008 09:42 PM

You can swtich over to the normal text mode and delete single messages. The notification will go away when you close the thread or reply to it. Mine does the same thing. If I get a second message the notification comes up, but once i reply or close the thread it goes away.

weedahoe 11-14-2008 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crcucb (Post 519831)
I have VX6800 from Verizon and upgraded to WM 6.1 I have been using the new threaded messages, few things.

1) It's kind of slow, anyone got another good SMS threaded tool that is more responsive?

Agreed, if you disable the auto-suggest it will move faster as it will no lnger have to anticipate what you are going to type

Quote:

2) How can I delete older messages, like everything over a week old?

There are ways to select mutiple emails or all or even just individuals ones.

Quote:

3) Most importantly, if I am viewing a thread between my wife and I and she sends me a new message, my phone still pops up and says I have an unread message. But I am their in the thread. Is their a way for it to know it's read by the mere fact that I am reading it in the thread?

There is a patch or cab or whatever it is but it does fix that and it is called "fix count" i think. I am sure someone else will post more specific on it and hopefully also give you a link to it.

crcucb 11-15-2008 11:09 AM

Thanks for the replies.

I already turned off the the auto-suggest.

It won't let me click and drag over older SMS messages (so I can delete them).

I can't find any information on this "fix count" cab. Anyone have a link?

Lylej2k 11-15-2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crcucb (Post 520985)

It won't let me click and drag over older SMS messages (so I can delete them).

I can't find any information on this "fix count" cab. Anyone have a link?

You need to put the texts in normal mode to delete individual messages. otherwise just clear em all.

the fix count cab its to fix the mms count displayed on S2U2 i believe.

KillerQ 11-16-2008 03:38 PM

Hey all,

I am not sure that the OP is looking for the sms count issue.

I have the same issue as well. When I get a new text message, I click on the notification, and go to the thread and read it. The phone STILL does not consider it read, however. I actually have to exit the thread or reply.

That's kind of silly - as soon as you can view the message, it should be considered read....

Any thoughts? Tips?

Thanks,

Matt!