PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 07:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

drew454U is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6.1 Tethering

Im sure its on here somewhere but I have been searching and cant seem to find it. Is there a cab out there that will let me tether with my mogul on 6.1. I have the cab that worked for the older roms but it doesnt seem to work for the new one. I appreciate any help like i said i searched and could not find.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul/Touch/Diamond/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/Hero/EVO
Carrier: Sprint

e.lamberson is keeping up the good worke.lamberson is keeping up the good work
Re: 6.1 Tethering

I'm not sure where I found it, pretty sure somewhere in the forums, but go google PDA Net. I have transfered this file to several of our customers with pretty much every Windows OS device you can think of for Sprint and it has worked perfectly every time. Go check it out. I think it works for either Blackberry or Palm OS as well if not both. Good luck.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

I use WMWifiRouter, works great and no pesky wires to worry about!!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 11-13-2008, 09:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

drew454U is a n00b

oops i just found what i need. thanks anyways.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerfudpucker View Post
I use WMWifiRouter, works great and no pesky wires to worry about!!
+1, not free but worth every penny......

~John
Old 11-14-2008, 08:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

elisherer is a n00b

Does anyone know if either of these solutions will allow me to thether my VZW XV6800? I really don't want to spend the scratch on their Data solution (more money all the time) as I only want to tether maybe once a month when I can't get my laptop into a HotSpot somewher.

Thanks
Old 11-14-2008, 08:28 AM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I don't quite understand what you're asking.

If you're in a hotspot area, your XV6800 will already connect to that without any other programs???

~John
Old 11-14-2008, 08:31 AM
VIP Member

I use WMWifiRouter now to tether my EeePC to my verizon XV6800 when I am out of town. I have unlimited data on the phone & that allows me to have it on the LT also.

I used internet sharing connected to the phone with a USB connection before I had WMWifiRouter & that works great also & it's free.

~John
Old 11-14-2008, 08:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

elisherer is a n00b

Sorry... let me be clear.

I want to be able to go to areas where there is no WiFi available, and use my xv6800 as a wireless modem WITHOUT having to sign up for the VZAccess Manager, because Verizon charges extra to sign up to a plan that allows tethering.

Right now, I have unlimited data ON THE PHONE, but if I tether to my laptop, it won't connect to the data and allow me to use the phone as a wireless modem through the dial up.

(I run into this need if I'm in an office somewhere and their Wifi is all secured. I would like to be able to 'dial-up' and use the laptop online in order to use the full functions of the computer (downloading, larger keyboard, etc.)

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I don't quite understand what you're asking.

If you're in a hotspot area, your XV6800 will already connect to that without any other programs???

~John
Old 11-14-2008, 09:09 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisherer View Post
Sorry... let me be clear.

I want to be able to go to areas where there is no WiFi available, and use my xv6800 as a wireless modem WITHOUT having to sign up for the VZAccess Manager, because Verizon charges extra to sign up to a plan that allows tethering.

Right now, I have unlimited data ON THE PHONE, but if I tether to my laptop, it won't connect to the data and allow me to use the phone as a wireless modem through the dial up.
Got it, you're in exactly the same situation as I am.

WMwifirouter will do exactly what you want. That program turns your 6800 into a wireless hotspot. Then, your laptop will connect to that just the same as say that free hotspot in Starbucks and verizon will never know what you're doing.

~John

Last edited by jmorton10; 11-14-2008 at 09:12 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan