PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2007, 04:26 PM
N00b

vclawson is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Will Sprint replace 6700 with 6800?

Question for you guys. I have a Sprint PPC-6700 with the insurance plan. I dropped it the other day and the D-pad pretty much is shot. The phone buttons are having problems as well. This happened before and I was able to get it replaced with another 6700. What I want to know is if I wait until June(or October, whenver the 6800 comes out) and take it in the will they replace it with a 6800?
Old 05-18-2007, 04:32 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Sonin66 is becoming a great contributor
most likely yes
Old 05-18-2007, 04:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
That a hard question to answer definitely, btu I would also say yes. It really depends on how you phrase it and where you go. If you make it seem like a hardware failure (not that you dropped it), then it is more likely that they will replace it. Not sure if Lockline still has any 6700 in its inventory, but you might have a better chance taking it to a store when it is released.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 05-18-2007, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

rawr is a n00b
i'd say it would depend on whether or not there are any 6700s left in the swap pool
Old 05-18-2007, 11:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx

shivers is a n00b
I thought someone mentioned recently that the 6700 EOL was extended until July.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:37 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Well, the rumor is that Sprint is still stocking 6700s, but waiting till the 6800 is released so they do not have to upgrade everyone that comes in with a broken 6700. Asurion will probably have replacements for quite a while.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 05-19-2007, 08:02 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Lockline has the 6700 available now NIB, I was told that there will be no more refurbished 6700 coming from Lockline (Lockline Rep) so when the new ones are gone the replacement will be what is available, 700wx/6800. Once the 6800 is available I will wait till I hear that Lockline has run out of the new 6700's than I will have a sudden catastrophic failure on my current 6700. If you have insurance on your 6700 I would go ahead and pay the $50 and get a NIB 6700 to hold me over till the release has passed, just MHO.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

Dmunkey is a n00b
To answer the question It would depend on whats in stock and if your phone is considered dead on arrival. Usually if the phone is dead it will be swapped out in the store with stock on hand. if its still working then usually a phone is ordered. As for insurance they have been swapping people out for 6700s and 700w depending on whats in stock.
So if there are no 6700s in stock and not orderable from the wharehouse then yes it would be swapped for a 6800.
If it were me I wouldn't wait since there hasn't been an official release date given for the release of the phone so you might be waiting till oct.

Hope this helps
Old 06-08-2007, 10:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S / Epic 4g

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KaliS
the 6800 swap is a go (here in the "D")

hey all...

i actually went down to a sprint store yesterday to do 2 things. 1) get a new back cover for my sprint phone, and 2) see if they would switch me out into a new (or refurb) 6700 as i have done before. i have insurance so swaps have not cost me anything.

the issue with my 6700 is that the usb charger is just not doing its job, its loose or something and i cant even activesinc now. the woman helping me didnt find an issue at first but after some convincing she was like ok. well we dont have anymore 6700's to switch you into, but i can get you into a treo 700wx. i was like hecks now...she was like well it is the only phone remotely comparable to the 6700 and said that it really doesnt equal it. then, out of the blue she says "well i could switch you into the 6800 when it comes out at the end of the month, but you would have to wait". i acted as if i had no idea what the 6800 was and said "oh really, whats the 6800???? ) she then explained to me what it was and "convinced" me to wait for it. she said that she should have them fully in stores by about july 18th. i was like ok, i guess i could wait for it..... she then told me to just charge it in the cradle and be patient...and that i would be able to swap into a 6800 when they have them in the store, NICE!!!

so from the tech/rep who was assisting me (who happened to be very cute might i add), i believe that it is possible to swap from 6700 to 6800 and i plan on waiting to get mine. just under 2 months of waiting wont hurt me, especially for a snazzy new 6800.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:40 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
At this point I think I will just keep my 6700 don't get me wrong I will still get a 6800 just not going to get rid of my 6700. I will most likely pay full price the day the 6800 comes out and put my 6700 in a drawer where it might never get used again, but I will sleep better knowing its waiting there just in case I need (miss) it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan