PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 10:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
need help with MMS on VZW

Ok, so I got my data plan and Im trying to setup MMS. I use Palm Threaded SMS and I have Arcsoft v5.0.31.16

In my MMS options I have

Message Center Number:
Email Center Number: 6245
MMS Gateway Address:
MMS URL: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
Network Profile: Default

So what version of Arcsoft shouls I be using and what should those settings be for VZW? THX
Old 11-12-2008, 08:26 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: need help with MMS on VZW

What? No one does MMS anymore? Come one ppl I need some answers because this not working is killing me.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Hang on & let me check all my options, I am on vz with a 6800 running nue3 & MMS works perfectly for me.

~John
Old 11-12-2008, 10:34 AM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

OK, I am using Arcsoft 5.0.70.24 & that set up all the correct server settings etc automatically when I installed it. Some of the older arc versions did not set everything correctly & I had to manually set some stuff, but that version was all set from the get-go.

After I flashed to nueROM3, I installed dcd's vz carrier cab & then the arc cab & my MMS has worked fine ever since.

I hope this helps, if not feel free to PM me & I'll try to help.

~John
Old 11-12-2008, 10:38 AM
VIP Member

I use sms-chat, but that shouldn't change anything.

Here are the server settings: Server name:

Verizonwireless

gateway is left blank

Port number 80

Server address:

http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms

Connect via:

Verizon Wireless

Sending size limitation:

WAP

WAP 2.0
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:23 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

THX JMorton10 but about the time you posted I got it working. One of the things is Palm Threaded SMS wont do MMS for whatever reason and although I am an avid fan of that threaded SMS and never did MMS before, I now needed something else and to get the Palm off I had to hard reset (was due for it anyway). All those settings I listed above were not only the wrong ones but also in the wrong place (kept scratching my head on why they didnt match up). I havent tried to send a video yet though.

THX again bro.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan