PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Sprint 6800 Delayed... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=4416)

Pibe38 05-17-2007 03:00 PM

Sprint 6800 Delayed...

I will ask Mike to ban the first person to post off topic on this new thread.

If you don't know why the first thread was locked, you don't care... if you do know, then you know what NOT to do.

I mean seriously people... :roll:

So anyway, cliff notes:

The 6800 was obviously not released on May 14th. We don't know when it'll be released, it could be as soon as June/July or some other rumors say October.

The possible reasons for the delay are WM6 and Rev. A.

Discuss...

Phi87 05-17-2007 09:17 PM

someone on the sprintusers said that they demo-ed a 6800 in a sprint store last week. there seems to be some consensus that it will be out on sprint in June. Anyone know anything else?

xholmezx78 05-18-2007 08:24 AM

I have now been to several Sprint stores in my area, and they are all quoting me with in 30 days of yesterdays date 05/18/07

Phi87 05-18-2007 10:33 AM

I haven't been out in front of a sprint product launch in a long time. Does the product typically appear in stores first or on the web first.

Pibe38 05-18-2007 10:37 AM

It depends, sometimes they actually show up first on the business website and shortly after the consumer site and stores.

jamesus 05-18-2007 10:48 AM

Some members on pdaphonehome are posting June 18th as a release date.

Now, I take this with a grain of salt, but it seems to be launching with WM6 with RevA upgradeable in the future...

shivers 05-18-2007 11:16 AM

WM6 at launch with RevA in the future makes sense to get the device out now. I'll keep my fingers crossed for June 18th.

phyrebird 05-18-2007 11:42 AM

Ran into an old friend that works at a Sprint store, and she copped to the WM6 upgrade delay, saying that the phone was pretty buggy anyway. She doesn't have a date, but said, and I quote, "It'll be late June or early July... corporate wants to beat the iPhone."

Thought that might be helpful.

UTSAFTW 05-18-2007 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phyrebird
Ran into an old friend that works at a Sprint store, and she copped to the WM6 upgrade delay, saying that the phone was pretty buggy anyway. She doesn't have a date, but said, and I quote, "It'll be late June or early July... corporate wants to beat the iPhone."

Thought that might be helpful.

I am not surprised by corporate wanting to beat the iPhone due to the loyalty that Apple enjoys from quite a few people.

I hope that WM6 helps to remove most of the bugs that a WM5 version of it would have. My 6700 has some annoying tendencies that would be nice to fix.

megamav 05-18-2007 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UTSAFTW
I am not surprised by corporate wanting to beat the iPhone due to the loyalty that Apple enjoys from quite a few people.

I hope that WM6 helps to remove most of the bugs that a WM5 version of it would have. My 6700 has some annoying tendencies that would be nice to fix.

You're really optimistic, considering the producer of the OS.

Microsoft has the tendancy to fix 1/2 the number of annoyances of prior versions, and then adding twice the amount into the new release.