PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2007, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: at&t

PPC6700Man is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well June is around the corner with July fallowing shortly after so we'll just haft to wait and see. I have the money for this so i'm ready for day 1. And just to add to the chaos.. I've heard June, July, October, September so it's all up in the air. I think they should worry about putting EVDO in all areas before they worry about Rev A. I dont even have EVDO so i'm waiting for nothing!
www.ppcgeeks.com - PPC6700Man

Car Boards;
www.honda-tech.com - ..::91TEG-G2::..
www.nasioc.com - NM02WRX
Old 05-21-2007, 08:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint-Nextel

UTSAFTW is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel
Oh, I agree. That comment was mostly in jest. I know full well that there are people who work at Sprint that do know what they are talking about and some of them are here in the forums. I was just poking fun at the rest of the employees who are as tech savvy as my grandma. It is not their fault that they are not complete nerds like we are. Unfortunately, the company they work for puts them in the position of trying to answer questions that they have no clue about.
Ah, I should have picked up that it was in jest, but staying up late puts me in a "blah" mode where I see everything black and white. Quite true though about how not everybody is a nerd, but unfortunately Sprint does not give their employees the proper training in most circumstances.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Sprint

HobbesIsReal is keeping up the good workHobbesIsReal is keeping up the good work
Quote:
I was just poking fun at the rest of the employees who are as tech savvy as my grandma. It is not their fault that they are not complete nerds like we are. Unfortunately, the company they work for puts them in the position of trying to answer questions that they have no clue about.
I stopped an official Sprint store in our mall the other day and just more for fun than any real expectation of discovering anything new....I asked about the 6800. One rep saw it on a sheet of releases at sometime but didn't know anything about it. Another new a little about it and that it had been delay. I asked if it would have Rev A when first released...."Sure it will, because you know you cannot software upgrade a phone to run on Rev A". I then explained that if the radio in the phone supports Rev A it can be software enabled and disabled. He said he never knew that. I explained the reason I asked was that they never enabled the 6600's EVDO radio as promised when it was first released. He was insistent that the 6600 never had an EVDO radio because Sprint wouldn't do that to their customers. When I shared him what really happened, he called over all the other workers (the store was dead) and had me repeat....errrr...train all the rest of them of everything I just explained to him.

Needless to say I didn't walk out of the store with any new information, but the reps did.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bigmikemn is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
Quote:
I was just poking fun at the rest of the employees who are as tech savvy as my grandma. It is not their fault that they are not complete nerds like we are. Unfortunately, the company they work for puts them in the position of trying to answer questions that they have no clue about.
I stopped an official Sprint store in our mall the other day and just more for fun than any real expectation of discovering anything new....I asked about the 6800. One rep saw it on a sheet of releases at sometime but didn't know anything about it. Another new a little about it and that it had been delay. I asked if it would have Rev A when first released...."Sure it will, because you know you cannot software upgrade a phone to run on Rev A". I then explained that if the radio in the phone supports Rev A it can be software enabled and disabled. He said he never knew that. I explained the reason I asked was that they never enabled the 6600's EVDO radio as promised when it was first released. He was insistent that the 6600 never had an EVDO radio because Sprint wouldn't do that to their customers. When I shared him what really happened, he called over all the other workers (the store was dead) and had me repeat....errrr...train all the rest of them of everything I just explained to him.

Needless to say I didn't walk out of the store with any new information, but the reps did.
You know Hobbes - You shouldn't feed the animals

I spoke with a Sprint Support rep today who also couldn't give me any more information other than, yes it was supposed to come out, but it is delayed (So nothing new).
Old 05-22-2007, 10:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

joeytmann is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPC6700Man
Well June is around the corner with July fallowing shortly after so we'll just haft to wait and see. I have the money for this so i'm ready for day 1. And just to add to the chaos.. I've heard June, July, October, September so it's all up in the air. I think they should worry about putting EVDO in all areas before they worry about Rev A. I dont even have EVDO so i'm waiting for nothing!
Probably be in August then.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Pre & Hero

Darth Pooh is a n00b
Quote:
Quote:

Heh, nothing new. I went into Tmobile last week to find out about the crappy wing (I am more interested in the form factor than the shitty specs); anyway, the girl asked me why I didn't want a Dash (considering its EOL, I didn't really explain myself), I said the only good thing the dash has is the WM6 update... <blink blink> "the wha?" An update to make the operating system run better... "oh, my brother does that stuff for me"... I swear I could hear crickets when I tried to explain. My girlfriend thinks I shouldn't even speak to REPS at any store because I end up frustrated when I leave.

I am sure everyone on these forums have similar stories to share.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

joeytmann is a n00b
I usually just say I want X phone, don't give me the sales pitch. Just setup the phone and tell me how much. Maybe not that short, but along those lines.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Lurker

Qualasia is a n00b
Delayed confirmed

I spoke to Sprint Corporate today (Forsee's office) the 6800 is definitely postponed currently until October. I'm sure you've all seen it/heard from others but I heard right from the head guys office. And the delay is due to them wanting to put WM6 on the launch product.

I'm just a lurker though so don't pay me no mind!
Old 05-22-2007, 06:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Apache PPC-6700

BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Pooh
Quote:
Quote:

Heh, nothing new. I went into Tmobile last week to find out about the crappy wing (I am more interested in the form factor than the spit specs); anyway, the girl asked me why I didn't want a Dash (considering its EOL, I didn't really explain myself), I said the only good thing the dash has is the WM6 update... <blink blink> "the wha?" An update to make the operating system run better... "oh, my brother does that stuff for me"... I swear I could hear crickets when I tried to explain. My girlfriend thinks I shouldn't even speak to REPS at any store because I end up frustrated when I leave.

I am sure everyone on these forums have similar stories to share.

The wing is the worst ppc phone i have ever seen. LOL
201mhz processor WTF is that. phone is going to be slow and lagy even with WM6.
Also i saw a video and the free program memory was 14mb and that was right out the box.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT
Re: Delayed confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qualasia
I spoke to Sprint Corporate today (Forsee's office) the 6800 is definitely postponed currently until October. I'm sure you've all seen it/heard from others but I heard right from the head guys office. And the delay is due to them wanting to put WM6 on the launch product.

I'm just a lurker though so don't pay me no mind!
Thats all something that we all know. The sad thing is that no one at sprint even knows about the phone. so they could have told you that and be wrong, or they could be right.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan