PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2007, 04:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint-Nextel

UTSAFTW is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by megamav
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTSAFTW
I am not surprised by corporate wanting to beat the iPhone due to the loyalty that Apple enjoys from quite a few people.

I hope that WM6 helps to remove most of the bugs that a WM5 version of it would have. My 6700 has some annoying tendencies that would be nice to fix.
You're really optimistic, considering the producer of the OS.

Microsoft has the tendancy to fix 1/2 the number of annoyances of prior versions, and then adding twice the amount into the new release.
Indeed, but these won't be bugs that are added. These will be "features".
Old 05-19-2007, 12:29 PM
Retired Staff
Carrier: Sprint

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
And the iPhone is launching on June 11th, so June 18th will not beat it to market. Way to go Sprint, you can't even get a simple launch date right.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 05-20-2007, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800

HobbesIsReal is keeping up the good workHobbesIsReal is keeping up the good work
Here is what was just posted over at PDAphoneHome:
Quote:
A buddy of mine that works for Sprint just called me because he saw the SKU for the PPC6800 in the system for $549.99. Anywho, he decided to see if it was available anywhere in the nation, and 1, repeat 1 store has 1- store #413 in IL!! Call any Sprint store to check that availability- I didn't believe my buddy and called another store, and sure enough, they were able to see that store #413 had it, but had no idea where it was!!
http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/623715-post16.html
Don't know nut'n more.....just passing on information for those adventurous souls willing / motivated to confirm.....or just for those inquiring minds who want to know...
Old 05-20-2007, 02:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP

sledgie is a n00b
I see you are up to your old tricks again over there, torturing poor souls.

speaking of souls, I'm starting to think Sprint is the devil and the 6800 is the mark of the beast!

sku# would be helpful BUT I still see it coming near oct. had sprint wanted it out by the time the iphone gets here, they'd have stocked up warehouse after warehouse and gotten sprint employees educated on the device by now, and on wm6. not to mention they'd be getting their business people to go around and start taking orders... hasn't happened yet, has it? no chance of june, imo.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:32 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Not to stoke the coals, but are Sprint people educated on any device really?

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 05-20-2007, 06:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP

sledgie is a n00b
Blasphemer!
Old 05-20-2007, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint-Nextel

UTSAFTW is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel
Not to stoke the coals, but are Sprint people educated on any device really?
I have heard some rumors of "Sprint people that know about the phone they are selling," but I am not sure whether or not I can believe it.

But unfortunately, it runs across all businesses. Yesterday, a local company by the name of Grande Communications had an event with free food and soda while marketing their cable-based services. One of the reps tried to get me to sign up with their Eight-point-oh Megbyte (yes, megbyte, not megabit and not even megabyte... the a was lacking) and 512 service.

He asked what I had with time warner and I told him 7mbits down and 384kbits up and then he asked how much I was paying and I told him $29.95/mo. He mentioned their special of $19.95/yr. for their service and I was intrigued. I went to sign up and figured out that it was only 6Mbit down and 384kbits up for their $19.95 service. I still decided to try it and received a $20 gift card to a local grocery store. I also entered in a raffle and won a DVD recorder, so no complaints there.

But I was just highlighting that issue since I have run into people who sell something that they do not know much about. I have noticed it mostly in technology-based businesses, although due to my lack of knowledge in cars, a person selling me a service or part could barely know more than I do, but I may be swayed by them since they are a representative of the company they work for and I would hope that they knew what they are selling.

The bottom line is: People often do not know everything about a product, or product they sell or service.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:36 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Oh, I agree. That comment was mostly in jest. I know full well that there are people who work at Sprint that do know what they are talking about and some of them are here in the forums. I was just poking fun at the rest of the employees who are as tech savvy as my grandma. It is not their fault that they are not complete nerds like we are. Unfortunately, the company they work for puts them in the position of trying to answer questions that they have no clue about.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:26 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
went to the sprint store the other day to activate..
my tech said "this summer", and another tech agreed and kinda jumped in the conversation.. i even mentioned "october", and they disagreed..

so who knows..
Old 05-21-2007, 05:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT
ehh i went to the store yesturday and the store rep said june just dont know the exact date for june. but they know just as much as we all do, some even less. it can all change at the last minute.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan