PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2007, 12:27 AM
N00b

acfava is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to acfava
what if i did this...

what if i bought a telus version of the 6800 off ebay or something and then took it to my friend at circuit city and had him connect it up to the verizon network? is this feasible? i'm thinking it's not, so anyone know why it wouldnt be???
Old 05-13-2007, 01:26 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
I know Sprint won't take phones that are not branded Sprint. I'm pretty sure Verizon is the same. I wouldn't waste the money, as you are very likely to be stuck with a device you can't activate.

As a side question... Does Telus have any unlimited roaming/int'l roaming plans? If so, couldn't we get the Telus 6800 and just roam on Sprint's or Verizon's networks all day if we want?

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 05-13-2007, 01:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to nemanracing
Verizon Wireless has a policy against activating esn's that are not in their system. You would have to call WDTS or customer care to see if you could even get them to get approval to put that esn in the system, before you could activate it. Or otherwise you could use bitpim or similar to put an esn from a XV6700 on a P4000...
History:XV6850 WM6.5,PPC6850 WM6.5 on VZW,XV6850 WM6.1/Telus Radio,VZW Omnia,XV6900 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6800 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6700 WM6,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX,Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135
Old 05-13-2007, 08:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

rawr is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6700Yuma
As a side question... Does Telus have any unlimited roaming/int'l roaming plans? If so, couldn't we get the Telus 6800 and just roam on Sprint's or Verizon's networks all day if we want?
http://www.telusmobility.com/on/plan...rtham300.shtml

that's a link to the highest international telus plan. i don't think it would be worth it.

i know someone figured out that verizon phones are unlocked and able to be activated on telus and bell, but i don't know if it works vice versa.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:11 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

acfava is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to acfava
Quote:
Or otherwise you could use bitpim or similar to put an esn from a XV6700 on a P4000...

tell me more about bitpim. i heard awhile ago that some kids were able to use a new nokia clamshell on vzw, even though it wasnt a vzw phone.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I know very little... search would prob be your best friend... there was also a thread here a while back titled "I changed my esn..." or something like that... prob have all the info and links you would need...
Old 05-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Bitpim and qpst would only work if it is setup like the 6700. I've thought of doing this myself, but I would hate to find out its not indeed cloneable.
~Mike

Old 05-13-2007, 02:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker

true...

here's that thread...
http://www.ppcgeeks.com/i-changed-my...anged+esn.html
Old 05-13-2007, 11:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache - Titan - Vogue - Diamond

lattisimo is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to lattisimo Send a message via MSN to lattisimo Send a message via Yahoo to lattisimo Send a message via Skype™ to lattisimo
I took a look at sprints ppc-6800 w/ qpst v2.7 build 2.15. i was able to use the drivers that i used when i played with my 6700.

The hvm folder is locked. i have not looked into ways around it but it is not easy like the 6700 was. you are not able to see any file in that directory. No $ESN.SYS visible. hope telus devices have better luck.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

rawr is a n00b
which directory should i be looking in?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan