PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 12:04 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Android... again

There's some headway on android on the titan (not by me, just passing it along...)

If you've been out of the loop, the Touch/Vogue guys have

http://it029000.massey.ac.nz/vogue/

Which is pretty much fully functional - you get a G1 phone with half the screen

You can run that latest image on the titan as well, and everything works great except the buttons/keyboard.

There is a replacement zimage (basically the OS bit) that implements the keyboard/buttons correctly, but IMHO that image seems to have other issues, like not detecting the battery correctly, and leaving the button backlight on when its powered off.

xda thread for the titan:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=341903

Hopefully they'll build the titan-button-aware version off the latest vogue zimage soon.

Pretty nifty though, if you're looking for a change of pace.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:18 PM
N00b

bsgjunkie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Android... again

Thanks for the update. I'm out of the loop, but this is one topic I'd love to stay on top off.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

Machinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuff

I played with it yesterday. The UI is beautiful, but the buttons don't work consistently on the Titan. It definitely still needs work, but I like the interface a ton better than WM. Not to mention it needs more apps, especially something that will allow for Exchange email.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

i just hope since evidently everyone has "moved on" to other phones that this phone will actually get some attention in the android dept. it seems the focus is on the vogue... i'm really waiting for linux to be native on this phone, i don't like using haret. it won't mount my sd card (when it did previously) so i can't even run android anymore. i know it still needs some work, and i'd love to help. i'm just terrible with low-level programming, kernel stuff etc.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009

How exactly can I get android running on my sprint mogul? I read the thread and I am not exactly sure what to do. Also is the buttons the only thing that doesn't work, like data (browser) and calls work? Lastly is there any way to type if the keyboard doesn't work (an OSK)? Thanks for your help.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:35 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

It's still very rough, and if after reading that linked thread you don't understand how to do it, you probably shouldn't bother.

Right now you copy a bunch of files to your storage card, and then run haret from windows - after a bit you'll be in android. Everything works, sorta, but its in no way usable - much more of a "oh cool, look, it's android" effect right now.

So, sit tight, and hope those folks finish their porting efforts.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009

ok thats what i thought, i just wanted to make sure that was how you do it. I guess i'll wait till everything pretty much works, i just thought i could show my friends like "hey look i got a G1 and a Windows mobile phone and Iphone, all in one"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan