PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 08:44 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Finally unlocked, flashed, got GPS Radio!

Alright. So I took about 30mins today and used the unlocker and used a GPS radio and built me a ROM in the kitchen! I'm lovin it! I'm gonna do a video on the whole prcoess soon. Not that I am an expert, no, not by any means. But it was fairly easy to do. I took a look at that guide to unlocking and using kitchen as well, funny thing is I did everything he said he didn't do. No need to call Verizon for a new a-key either. Just do *228. Especially since I've only had my activated on my acount since yesterday, they rude guy goes "Wow, you seem to have bad luck with your phones, your 6700 was replaced 9-10 times and your 'brand new 6800' is already having issues. So don't waste your time asking for a new a-key. Other than that I just wanna thank all the people involved with the kitchen and unlockers and no2chem. Love his tools. Cheers PPCGeeks!

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Finally unlocked, flashed, got GPS Radio!

I have probably flashed one or the other of my two verizon xv6800's 50 times & only once did I need a new A-Key. I finally settled on nueROM3 with numerous customizations & now I'm done flashing as the system works perfectly (it works so well it gets boring at times as I LOVE tinkering)

~John
Old 11-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I have probably flashed one or the other of my two verizon xv6800's 50 times & only once did I need a new A-Key. I finally settled on nueROM3 with numerous customizations & now I'm done flashing as the system works perfectly (it works so well it gets boring at times as I LOVE tinkering)

~John
I've flashed many a rom without callin for an a-key. its the radio that screws it up, but only if you flash via usb. Flashed 3.42.50 yesterday from the sd card and my phone stil works just fine!
Don't forget to hit the

Old 11-11-2008, 02:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lylej2k View Post
I've flashed many a rom without callin for an a-key. its the radio that screws it up, but only if you flash via usb. Flashed 3.42.50 yesterday from the sd card and my phone stil works just fine!
That could be, I flashed both my current xv6800's to 3.42.5 from the card & then nue3 from a blank RUU using USB all that was needed was a *228 option 1 when I finished.

~John
Old 11-11-2008, 02:51 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The 3.42.50 radio is amazing for reception and came with the new Alltel ROM. I'm running nueROM3 with 20924 as a cover and it's amazing.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
The 3.42.50 radio is amazing for reception and came with the new Alltel ROM. I'm running nueROM3 with 20924 as a cover and it's amazing.
I hope so, 3.35 was starting to drop call left and right and it was getting real irritating. GPS seems alot quicker too, and i havent done the agps hack yet
Old 11-11-2008, 04:20 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Well I can get reception in a town about 10 miles NW of here that has no Alltel tower and I get 1x in the freezer of the Kwik Shop (gas station) and EVDO right by the door.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
Alright. So I took about 30mins today and used the unlocker and used a GPS radio and built me a ROM in the kitchen! I'm lovin it! I'm gonna do a video on the whole prcoess soon. Not that I am an expert, no, not by any means. But it was fairly easy to do. I took a look at that guide to unlocking and using kitchen as well, funny thing is I did everything he said he didn't do. No need to call Verizon for a new a-key either. Just do *228. Especially since I've only had my activated on my acount since yesterday, they rude guy goes "Wow, you seem to have bad luck with your phones, your 6700 was replaced 9-10 times and your 'brand new 6800' is already having issues. So don't waste your time asking for a new a-key. Other than that I just wanna thank all the people involved with the kitchen and unlockers and no2chem. Love his tools. Cheers PPCGeeks!
Good for you bro. Its about time!! Now go get that $30 data package..........I called and got mine today....
Old 11-11-2008, 09:40 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Threadstarter

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Nice. I am going to call for a replacment in a bit. My phone feel outa the case today and got a nice nick.

I reflashed to stock rom and am goingto borrow a buddies 2gb card tonight to relock this thing. I don't wanna take a chance getting a bill...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan