PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 02:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

groovdafied is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tethering question...

I've been searching all around, but I haven't found a concrete answer to what I'm looking for. So I've done the registry mod's to enable tethering, and I've did a successful test on my PC via USB tethering and did a speed test... (1.5MB DL & 200Kb UL FYI) and what I wanted to do in general was tether a iPod Touch to the Mogul but I was curious, that after doing the registry editing by deleting the registry key, will this cause Sprint to turn their heads to my account and raise questions? I do not plan to abuse the Internet Sharing by making the Vision plan my primary ISP, for I just wanted to use the Safari browser when I have the touch in my possesion. I hardly use Internet Sharing, since I do most of the streaming from PC to Phone via ORB.

So in general, does this registry mod still keeps me hidden from sprint or does running Internet Sharing add additional charges? BTW: I'm running the latest Sprint Stock ROM 3.56.651.0.

I appreciate your input...thanks!
Old 11-01-2008, 08:42 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: Tethering question...

You couldn't find that? Really? It's posted about a baziilion times here, there, and everywhere.

No, they won't in general. I don't think there is actually a single documented case of them doing that.

Tethering the touch to the mogul is possible, if you use wmwifirouter on the mogul to turn it into a wireless access point and then connect to it from the touch. You'll have about 3 hours total battery life on the mogul running that way.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:12 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Tethering question...

In the new plan brochures coming out tommorrow, one of the changes they made was the old 5gb cap thing and added the 0.05 per kilobyte overage fee. And my sprint rep pointed that out, so we'll see if they start charging and which if any of these tethering hacks work....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan