PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2008, 05:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc tp2
Carrier: sprint

wesnmench is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
using the infared port on my mogul as a remote control

was wondering how or what apps do i need to get to beable to use my phone as a channel changer
Old 10-31-2008, 07:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: using the infared port on my mogul as a remote control

You can google any of this software or even look at some of the PPC software boards.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:44 AM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

ahh..it won't work too good. the ir of the titan isn't good enough to use as remote.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:49 AM
VIP Member

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

I personally wouldnt want to use it as a remote but I can see where some ppl wanna try new things and trick it out to do things is wasnt thought of doing. If I remember ppl were doing it with the 67 but the range even then was bad. So bad you had to get very close. But to each thier own.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser

Yes, this is not a worth-while investment, because the IR range for these devices, and the power-output is no-where near (or even designed for) the controlling of TV's. Even the Windows Media Center remote requires an IR blaster, and I am positive the Mogul does not come standard with this output, .. You can spend the 30-40 dollars on a gimmic, but it's not worth it, IMO.
by clicking below:

Thanks,
Andrew,
Old 11-03-2008, 10:56 AM
VIP Member

But if you still want it then here.

TV remote controller 5.7 (voice operated)
Old 11-03-2008, 01:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

akastixx is keeping up the good workakastixx is keeping up the good work

the above app is great. i use it on my old pocketpc phone edition hitachi g1000. it doesn't work on the 6700 or 6800 though.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:34 PM
VIP Member

Hey, I had a G1000 and it was huge!! I loved it though.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i remember i tried to use a remote control on an old Palm and I essentially had to be right next to the TV for it to be able to pick up the IR signal.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
i remember i tried to use a remote control on an old Palm and I essentially had to be right next to the TV for it to be able to pick up the IR signal.
If you have ever tried to sync Activesync, with your device's IR, you know how under-powered it is, and how un-likely it will save you from having to get up and change the channel the ol' fashion way.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan