PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800

beyondjay is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I Need Help with my PPC 6800

Hello Everyone this is my 1st Post. I purchased a Sprint PPC 6800 Titan and I have Alltel service I was just wanting to know the steps to getting it to work on Alltel service. (Which Unlocker what Alltel Rom I need to download and how to make work with Alltel Service and not Sprints)

Thanks
Old 10-29-2008, 01:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: I Need Help with my PPC 6800

Keep in mind that Unlocker isnt to 'unlock' the phone so it can be used on other carriers but rather to unlock it so you can change the ROM on it.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC 6875 TP2
Carrier: Verizon

blink8512 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondjay View Post
Hello Everyone this is my 1st Post. I purchased a Sprint PPC 6800 Titan and I have Alltel service I was just wanting to know the steps to getting it to work on Alltel service. (Which Unlocker what Alltel Rom I need to download and how to make work with Alltel Service and not Sprints)

Thanks

Hello and welcome to PPCGeeks

First off you dont need to relock your phone just unloack it
Here ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/Im...rd-SPL-MFG.exe

You dont need to relock it becuz the rom has the GPS and as far as i know
i never had to relock my phone

As for the ROM here is the OEM rom with windows moble 6.1
http://www.htc.com/us/SupportDownload.aspx?p_id=63&cat=2&dl_id=114

Last edited by blink8512; 10-29-2008 at 05:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:22 AM
VIP Member

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Right, mine was unlocked and never relocked and Ive never had an issue. But so a search in the older threads and there are some about how some ppl are being able to get the carriers switched.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:38 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

beyondjay is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink8512 View Post
Hello and welcome to PPCGeeks

First off you dont need to relock your phone just unloack it
Here ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/Im...rd-SPL-MFG.exe

You dont need to relock it becuz the rom has the GPS and as far as i know
i never had to relock my phone

As for the ROM here is the OEM rom with windows moble 6.1
http://www.htc.com/us/SupportDownloa...at=2&dl_id=114
So do this and it should put it on the alltel network.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:06 AM
VIP Member

No, unlocking it only allows you to change the ROM. Then you have to magically convince Alltel to add the ESN on thier database so you can use it on thier network. Thats the real job and trick.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:45 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

beyondjay is a n00b

I got that far and they had no trouble adding it I just could not program it to there system. I could not dial *228 and to get it programmed or ##000000 to program it manually. Does anyone have an idea how to get it programmed?
Old 10-31-2008, 07:37 AM
VIP Member

Did you get the Alltel ROM to install and if so did it finish w/o any issues? Secondly, were you able to call Alltel and get them to add the ESN in to their database?
Old 11-02-2008, 05:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC 6875 TP2
Carrier: Verizon

blink8512 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondjay View Post
I got that far and they had no trouble adding it I just could not program it to there system. I could not dial *228 and to get it programmed or ##000000 to program it manually. Does anyone have an idea how to get it programmed?

Try this

try the same number the ##000000 talk button

But you have to do it fast !

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan