PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 09:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

Zenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Things that SHOULD work on the titan that don't?

Okay this isn't another complaint thread about how the titan sucks because we all know it is what it is.

Anyways, touch pro coming out and everyone is wondering what/how to get their hands on one with as little or no cost to them... seeing as we have the older version, it seems we are in a position to work for upgrade (replacement) with quite a bit of leverage... there is already a thread out there saying how Sprint peeps are getting them to replace theirs but I'm wondering some more common problems we might be able to use when trying to convince any csr to give us the new one... Verizon is supposedly releasing their version in Nov so it seems to me lots of people are goin to want to know the best way to handle customer service.

So... best way to get them to replace your phone is if there is somethin wrong with it to the point that replacing it will not fix it. This would obviously need to be something advertised to work and can't really be reliant on preference or personal taste... meaning, you can complain about it locking up all the time but you can't really complain about it running out of memory because you knew the hardware limitations when you bought it.

So in an attempt to combine all these "problems" together for easy firepower, what things have you noticed the titan doesn't do that it should do?

I'm going to start off with bluetooth... it seems to me, with stock ROMs the bluetooth does not work reliably on all devices. Everything from A2DP quality to actually locking up the device on disconnectes... this is something carriers advertise should work on the phone but clearly has some significant problems.

next?
Old 10-26-2008, 09:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv 6800
Carrier: VZW

ggaeta is becoming a great contributor
Re: Things that SHOULD work on the titan that don't?

Two Words - "White Spots"
Old 10-26-2008, 09:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggaeta View Post
Ive all ready started working on my speech to the CSR's on white spots. White Spots are the way to go. Thats the only thing I have not turned my Titan in for.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff

the two mentioned above (especially that damn white spot) and:

-when the phone goes into sleep, pressing the power button does not wake it up sometimes (which i am actually experiencing as i write this)

-hardware keyboard: some buttons just plain don't work sometimes, or sometimes they input anywhere from 2 to 5 characters with one press. I paid hundreds of dollars for the nicest phone I could get and this is how it works? b.s. in my opinion.

-usb to computer connection is inconsistent (not a usb cord problem, or computer port problem)

-wifi connectivity problems (although my phone hasnt seemed to have this, i know some people have experienced this)

-inconsistent gps connection (well, as long as the carriers arent aware of shadow tech's tweak to make our gps so much better...but before his fix my gps was so bad it was basically useless)

-i donno... maybe you could argue the camera takes worse pictures than those 1.3 or whatever MP cameras that come with old razors and those other $0.99 phones...

i probably have a few more, as obviously ive been working on this list mentally for about as long as i've known the touch pro was coming to alltel, but i just cant remember right now.

what's anyone else got?
Old 10-27-2008, 09:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Zenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggaeta View Post
I'm sorry can you clarify this one for me please?

Thanks

EDIT: nevermind, found this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=16139

Don't have that on mine ... I'll keep an eye out though. I have been experiencing a lot of the same things ajm mentions but I'm wondering how many of those are related to the actual ROM. I'm considering flashing to mr1 update just to get a good feel for actual problems with carrier-released ROMs...

Last edited by Zenoran; 10-27-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Manny Oliveira is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Manny Oliveira

haha yes, what are "White spots"?

Do you guys think it would be a better idea to e-mail or to call them?
Old 10-27-2008, 10:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenoran View Post
I have been experiencing a lot of the same things ajm mentions but I'm wondering how many of those are related to the actual ROM. I'm considering flashing to mr1 update just to get a good feel for actual problems with carrier-released ROMs...
but if it is the hardware thats failing (i.e. the keyboard, mini-usb port, white spots, etc) why wouldn't that warrant a replacement phone?

my point is that i dont think it should only be things related to the ROM that should warrant a replacement phone (the problem is, is the "replacement phone" the carrier is willing to give us going to be another 6800, or will it actually be a touch pro?)
Old 10-27-2008, 11:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm144k View Post
but if it is the hardware thats failing (i.e. the keyboard, mini-usb port, white spots, etc) why wouldn't that warrant a replacement phone?

my point is that i dont think it should only be things related to the ROM that should warrant a replacement phone (the problem is, is the "replacement phone" the carrier is willing to give us going to be another 6800, or will it actually be a touch pro?)
Well, that's the battle you need to make with them to ensure it isn't just something that's wrong with your specific device (screen anomolies, broken keys, etc.) but an actual flaw in the phone's operation. Otherwise, they will just send you a replacement.

That's why I'm trying to get a handle on all these issues that will never be resolved no matter how many replacements you get... this is what will convince the carrier they will never make you happy with replacements and should send you a different device altogether.. I've done this with Verizon before and people are obviously doing it on sprint (another thread going around) .. it's all in how you word your complaints and having FACTS straight will make the difference in what you get.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Manny Oliveira is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Manny Oliveira

Do you guys send an e-mail through the right top corner on the sprint website?? That has a limitation to 1200 characters. I was wondering if you guys knew any other way i could e-mail them???
Old 10-28-2008, 11:43 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You got to realize not everyone here has the same carrier. Sprint will have the easiest time to upgrade it without a fuss compared to say Alltel which has stricter rules about that (you pay the price given if you contract is within 90 days or less or is up, or hope that insurance will kick in).

Personally, I hope the 6800 goes EOL soon after the Touch Pro is out so that I can just do an insurance claim like I did from the 6700. xD

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan