PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2008, 06:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Carrier: Sprint

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Broken mogul constant red light

My phone has a constant red light while charging and will not turn on at all. Putting my tongue across the terminals tells me that there is voltage (too lazy to gram my voltmeter from my car). Any clue what is causing this? I am going to purchase a TP and wonder if it is worth trying a new battery.

Approximately 1 month ago my mogul started to randomly freeze. I tried rebooting but nothing worked. I then removed the battery cover and pressed against the battery and the phone worked. After that it started to randomly freeze at least a 3 times a day.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Broken mogul constant red light

Well since you got it working, how about doing a hard reset and starting fresh so you can more easily find your issue in the device.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

You might also want to try and clean the terminals on your battery contacts and the phone. My cell would randomly shut off and not reboot untill i removed the battery and put it back in. Sometimes it would happen if i hut the keyboard 2 fast sometimes it would be off after getting it out of the case to use it. Cleaned the contacts and all is working again.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch & Touch Pro

MrShoe is a n00b

I had a similar issue a few months back.
Constant red LED, would do nothing.
Battery out, tried several times to boot while plugged in, partial boot a time or two.
Put battery back in a few hours later, same thing.
A couple time I was able to get it to boot, but was frozen.
Then attempted a hard reset with no success.

After a couple days of trial and a lot of error we visited a repair center.
They attempted the same things and ended up replacing with a new mogul.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: .
Carrier: .

PdaOd is a n00b

I had that with a faulty battery. The phone will not operate without a good battery whether it's on the charger or not.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Threadstarter

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

I forgot that I asked this question. When purchasing my tp I asked the rep to try another battery. No go. Mogul is dead.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

SirNathaniel is becoming a great contributor

my mogul seems to be dying too, similar symptoms: freezing randomly multiple times a day, BSOD multiple times a day, operates slower and slower every day, doesn't ring half the time, refuses to run certain apps, even just one at a time, claiming to have no RAM free...I've done 4 hard resets in these past 7 days! NO IMPROVEMENT!
Old 11-03-2008, 02:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirNathaniel View Post
my mogul seems to be dying too, similar symptoms: freezing randomly multiple times a day, BSOD multiple times a day, operates slower and slower every day, doesn't ring half the time, refuses to run certain apps, even just one at a time, claiming to have no RAM free...I've done 4 hard resets in these past 7 days! NO IMPROVEMENT!

seems like for a last resort if you don't plan on replacing it to try a diff rom or reflash a stock rom on there.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

SirNathaniel is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator2k83 View Post
seems like for a last resort if you don't plan on replacing it to try a diff rom or reflash a stock rom on there.
I might try that one of these days...HTC really just owes us TP's for all the garbage we've dealt with from these phones though, I mean really, same hardware that has been proven unreliable since 2002?! What were they thinking?!

Think the other thing that has escalated the problem is, I have to use the GPS a lot, and that really heats it up like putting it on a stove, nearly burned my hand a few times!
Old 11-03-2008, 09:56 PM
N00b

bsgjunkie is a n00b

Might want to check this thread: Many of us have started to randomly have this problem. Some think its static related.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42088

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan