PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2007, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache - Titan - Vogue - Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

lattisimo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to lattisimo Send a message via MSN to lattisimo Send a message via Yahoo to lattisimo Send a message via Skype™ to lattisimo
Sprint's PPC-6800 Prototype

I have had the privilage to play with the PPC-6800. i have taken some screen captures and some crude pics taken with my 6700. i have placed them on the ftp along with a zip of the extended rom. i am hoping to have a dump of the rom by weeks end. the rom dump may take longer considering how green i am to the process.

just a few notable features:

Windows Mobile 5 AKU 3.3
qualcomm MSM7500 400 MHz processor
173.63MB of storage memory
48.54MB of Program memory

spring loaded keyboard - opens opposite direction of 6700
microSD - on the bottom between the mini usb port and IR port
collapsable stylus. - looks like this one will actually stay in the phone

keep in mind this is a prototype. the release device may have some differences.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:05 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Please find us in the chat room and we will be able to help you.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 04-18-2007, 01:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Verizon

xmind2006 is a n00b
Wow, this is hella sweet if the ROMs for the 6800 can be modified before the phone even hits the US market (officially)!

Good job Lattisimo!

Probably should create a 6800 forum section soon...
Old 04-18-2007, 01:12 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
where's the extrom? I see the pix, if it was removed please send to me via pm.
Thx,
Mike

Old 04-18-2007, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

signal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
where's the extrom? I see the pix, if it was removed please send to me via pm.
Thx,
Mike
It was there a few minutes ago, but when I tried to open it I got a "corrupt zip" message.

Maybe lattisimo deleted it to re-post a good one.... [-o<
Old 04-18-2007, 01:17 PM
Founder & Owner

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
awwww aku 3.3 I hope they change that before release but I doubt it
Old 04-18-2007, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache - Titan - Vogue - Diamond
Threadstarter

lattisimo is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to lattisimo Send a message via MSN to lattisimo Send a message via Yahoo to lattisimo Send a message via Skype™ to lattisimo
sorry for the delay. the ftp didn't like my pc. I got the zip of the extended rom uploaded now. I will get ya the rom asap. thanks to everyone for there help.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:54 PM
Founder & Owner

Someone keeps deleting it apparently someone please pm or attach the files here.
Thx,
Mike
Old 04-18-2007, 02:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff
Here it is...
Attached Files
File Type: zip extended_rom_195.zip (4.35 MB, 82 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
It's there mike... just refresh.

Unfortunately, it's pretty boring. But thanks for posting it lattsimo.

Can I request some different screen shots and pics? I don't want to overwhelm you, but if you can swing any of these it would be great:

Photos of all four edges and back
Photo of kb backlight with screen off (or covered up) and room lights off
Photo of back with battery cover off
Photo of stylus
Photo of any accessories that came with (if any)

Screen Shots:

1. Please get one of the hardware and identity tabs of settings->device information (there will be no personal info on those pages).

2. Any third party apps please try to get a screen shot of their about page showing version numbers

3. The buttons applet in settings. Would be great to see which buttons can be assigned and if there are press & hold variations.

4. The phone settings->more services tab. Anything new/different in there from the 6700? Are the roaming options the same?

5. If you can get any of the ## codes to work, please get shots of as many screens as you can. Most important ones for us would be ##DATA#, ##RTN#, ##PRL#, ##PST#, and ##DIAG#. You may need an MSL for some of those, so even if you could confirm whether they work or not would be fantastic. Note if you get screen grabs there may be some personally identifiable info you'll want to black out.

Just some general questions:

1. When connected to data, it looks like you get the mini arrows in the right-hand icon up top. Do they turn white/black as data is transferring?

2. Do you see any sign of MMS or Picture Mail?

3. Can you get some measurements of height, width, and most importantly, thickness?

4. What are the specs on the AC charger? I assume 5V 1000mA

5. What are the specs on the battery? the mah would be the most useful piece of info--probably printed on the battery itself

6. Have you compared the camera image quality to that of the 6700? I know the resolution is higher, but that doesn't necessarily mean better quality.

7. Is that a light sensor on the keyboard (above the I key)? If so, can you tell us if it works well? so if there's below a certain level of ambient light the kb backlight switches on automatically when the kb is slid out? Or do you still have to press a key on the kb to get the backlight on?

OK, probably too much already. I understand you have limited time with the device so as much as you can get to would be fantastic and much appreciated by all. Thanks for being willing to share your good fortune with the community

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan