PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2007, 10:40 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D5
I am using the Internet sharing on my Mogul to post this and wondering what if anything is different from Internet sharing with my 6700. I just connected, plugged in and started surfing, seams to be working fine. Anyone else using Internet Sharing on the Mogul?
Do you have a Phone-As-Modem plan?? Because I don't have a PHone-As-Modem Plan and thus it keeps giving me Error Code 67: Registration Error.
I am not using phone as a modem I am using Internet Sharing set the network connection to Sprint, that is the difference. With Phone as a modem you need to provide a phone # to another Internet provider like AOL for example where you need to have an account. When Sprint PCS is the network connection than you are using the Moguls EVDO to connect to the Internet
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 & Mogul & iPhone
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T

rvashi is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to rvashi
Even while using Internet Sharing with Sprint PCS, I still get the Error Code 67. What gives?? I read on one of the other threads about the CS reps not activating the phone correctly...such as having us put the same MDN MSID number......but I am just tired of the "currently your approximate wait time is over 20 mins" crap!!
Old 07-01-2007, 01:16 PM
The Voice of Reason

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
I am just tired of the "currently your approximate wait time is over 20 mins" crap!!
Agreed ant we all, can you use PIE to get on the Internet? Have you tried going to Phone/options/services/Internet/get settings/hit start to reset the IOTA?
Old 07-01-2007, 09:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 & Mogul & iPhone
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T

rvashi is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to rvashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D5
Quote:
I am just tired of the "currently your approximate wait time is over 20 mins" crap!!
Agreed ant we all, can you use PIE to get on the Internet? Have you tried going to Phone/options/services/Internet/get settings/hit start to reset the IOTA?
Well here's the deal...now I can use Internet Sharing with Sprint PCS option to connect by using IE to connect to Sprint's EVDO service first and then connect with Internet Sharing. But I am getting terribly low speeds...I've read that if you use Phone as Modem network option, the speeds should be around 1.2Mbps compared to around 60-70kbps with Sprint PCS.

And yes, I've done the IOTA Client Side Provisioning multiple times already but no luck with PAM.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:35 PM
The Voice of Reason

I just did a few test with my Mogul tethered on the Sprint EVDO network and I am getting 425 kbit/sec average which is consistent with EVDO on my PIE in my area. I am not sure here but I think with PAM you will get slower speeds like around 60 kbit/sec because this is using the dial up modem, I could be wrong because I have never used PAM, my EVDO connection has always worked fine for me.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: hero
Carrier: sprint

yaosers is a n00b
I've been playing around with this for a few hours now. I tried both USB Modem and the beta version of PDANet.

PDANet works flawlessly everytime and USB Modem has been giving me problems (error code 67. When it does work though, USB Modem speedtest shows that i'm getting about 800 kb/s and PDANet consistently gives me 300-400 kb/s.

Ive been trying to figure out how to get USB Modem to work consistently but I'm about to give up. Any suggestions?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan