PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint won't carry the Tytn, they have the Titan. The Tytn is GSM and is the Cingular 8525. The Titan is a completely different beast.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 05-11-2007, 07:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Apache PPC-6700

BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6700Yuma
Sprint won't carry the Tytn, they have the Titan. The Tytn is GSM and is the Cingular 8525. The Titan is a completely different beast.
the the tytn is the HTC one the cingular one doesn't have the video calling.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Retired Staff

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
Oops, I stand corrected. Fact remains, though, the Tytn and Titan are two entirely different animals, and it is very unlikely that Sprint will ever get the Tytn.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:09 AM
N00b

prettytonydotnet is a n00b
Theres no such phone as the titan created by HTC, only the tytn which is why I posed the question. I just think its unfortunate that they have knowingly omitted the complete device, it sucks. However, I was wondering if I purchased the original device directly from HTC, if anyone knew what I would need to do in order to flash it with a recognizable rom for the sprint network.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
The HTC Titan (or Mogul..who knows what its name will be once released) hasn't been released as of yet, but it does exist my friend!

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 05-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Retired Staff

And since Sprint's network is a closed network (unlike GSM) there is not currently a way to get a Tytn working on Sprint even if you could magically convert the GSM radio inside of it into a CDMA radio. Please understand that many of us on here have been very impatiently waiting for the Titan, and you can rest assured, it does exist, however it is NOT the same phone as the Tytn of which you speak, and the Tytn will likely not EVER work on Sprint. No sense re-asking the same question, as you will continue to get the same answer:
Can't be done.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache - Titan - Vogue - Diamond

lattisimo is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to lattisimo Send a message via MSN to lattisimo Send a message via Yahoo to lattisimo Send a message via Skype™ to lattisimo
wmodem.exe. not signed or missing piece error when executing. (sorry for not being verbatum but i am sure you have seen the error before.

BUT...

if you hold down the voice speed dial button (below the track wheel and the OK button) and the Suspend key on the right side while soft reseting, you get a black screen and no lights (device looks dead) plug into usb to win xp and let it search online for the drivers and it will assign 2 data interfaces and assign drivers for a modem and com port.

however, after building the DUN i got 692 errors. basically a device malfunction. could be the wrong drivers but i was unable to find Telus P4000 modem drivers.(if available on the telus cd?)

just wanted to share some more of what i have found. hope i helps someone.

Shawn
Old 06-19-2007, 09:28 AM
Lurker

jobine is keeping up the good workjobine is keeping up the good workjobine is keeping up the good work
basically the wireless modem work truth the USB Cable, but with this reg tweak you can enable Bluetooth and IrDA.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\WModem]
"Hide IrDA"=dword:00000000
"Hide Bluetooth"=dword:00000000
"Hide USB"=dword:00000000
Old 07-01-2007, 09:35 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I am using the Internet sharing on my Mogul to post this and wondering what if anything is different from Internet sharing with my 6700. I just connected, plugged in and started surfing, seams to be working fine. Anyone else using Internet Sharing on the Mogul?
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 & Mogul & iPhone
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T

rvashi is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to rvashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D5
I am using the Internet sharing on my Mogul to post this and wondering what if anything is different from Internet sharing with my 6700. I just connected, plugged in and started surfing, seams to be working fine. Anyone else using Internet Sharing on the Mogul?
Do you have a Phone-As-Modem plan?? Because I don't have a PHone-As-Modem Plan and thus it keeps giving me Error Code 67: Registration Error.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan