PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2008, 10:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
NE1 using Body Guardz??

Is anybody using this setup to protect your phone??

How easy is it to install??

Is this just BS, or does it actually work as advertised??

~John
Old 10-21-2008, 07:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Sprint

moblues is a n00b
Re: NE1 using Body Guardz??

Isn't that a knock-off of ZAGG's invisibleShield?

Old 10-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

badwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good work

very similar but its plastic seems smoother. you get two and there is a back piece...
Old 10-22-2008, 08:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

srxion is just getting started

I just put one on my mogul. I didn't like how slippery the case was. I have been using a rubberized snap-on case because I dropped it a couple of times. The bodyguardz does increase the grip.

It took a couple of pieces to get the hang of applying them. Fit is a little off in places, but that may have been due to overstretching when applying. I like it and would use it again.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:24 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by srxion View Post
I just put one on my mogul. .
Did you use the Zagg or the Body Guardz??

~John
Old 10-22-2008, 11:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

srxion is just getting started

Bodyguardz
Old 10-25-2008, 11:57 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I just installed the BodyGuardz on my Titan & it turned out really nice.

I didn't use the screen protector as I much prefer the Brando UltraClear Protector Plus, but the rest of it worked out quite well.

This will really help as my phone is in mint shape & I plan on keeping it for quite a while. I love this phone finally running nue3 (after flashing it probably 50 times with different ROMs etc) & I don't like any of the newer phones at all.

I've always hated the Diamond (my boss has one & he can't wait to dump the thing), but I figured the TouchPro was going to be awesome. I finally got to see an actual TP at a local Best Buy & I was not impressed with it in any way. Except for the fact that it has more physical memory (which is always a good thing), I liked almost nothing about it better than either of my two highly customized Titan's.

Now, I know I can wait out this round & wait until a phone comes out that is a drastic improvement over what's available now........

~John
Old 10-25-2008, 12:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

oniisan608 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to oniisan608

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I finally got to see an actual TP at a local Best Buy & I was not impressed with it in any way. Except for the fact that it has more physical memory (which is always a good thing), I liked almost nothing about it better than either of my two highly customized Titan's.

Now, I know I can wait out this round & wait until a phone comes out that is a drastic improvement over what's available now........

~John
You don't think the Touch Pro will be able to be as highly customized as your Titans? I think it just needs to be released and people will be making more ROMs and finding tweaks and everything just like they did with the Titan.

It'll take some time, but just let the fanbase grow and it'll be as good, if not better than the Titan.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:39 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oniisan608 View Post

It'll take some time, but just let the fanbase grow and it'll be as good, if not better than the Titan.
I'm sure it will, that's not what I meant.

When I saw the actual TP in person & held it & played with it I figured I would want one immediately. That is not what happened at all however. Price is no object to me really, if I really wanted one I could buy it with no problem.

I didn't realize how small & chintzy it was going to feel in my hands (the pics we have all been looking at make it look a LOT bigger than it actually is) & while some people may like that, I don't like that tiny form factor at all. The screen looks tiny to me & I figured it would be a drastic improvement on the Titan but side by side it is not really a huge difference at all.

We tried repeatedly A/Bing it next to the Titan with some movies off my 16 gig card & while the TP certainly looks good, it was not a jaw dropping improvement by any means.

It is thinner than the Titan, but for me anyway that just makes it harder to hang on to. I like the way the Titan fills my hand while talking on it & I don't want it to be made "smaller & cuter"

I'm sure a lot of people will love the TP, it's just not for me & I will be perfectly content to wait it out until something drastically better comes along.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan