PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2008, 05:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Starcom 6700
Carrier: Iusacell

Jesus Treviño is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Registry edition, how to remove a feature, battery meter and functions.

Hi there guys, is there a way to tweak the registry to remove the option that the phone turns off itself if it has a low battery?.

It may sound as a silly question if you are not in my place, but let me explain more.

My phone turns off itself even if the battery is fully charged, I have already tried several batteries and also verified correctly that the battery is well charged before putting it into the phone, it just says that its at 0% and that it needs to be recharged or replaced and the phone turns off. EDIT: of course that even tweaking the registry, if the battery gets too low the phone will turn off by itself, but it will do it when it really has a low low battery, not only following the "0%" logic, I understand that.

So I suppose that the phone, even if the battery is not low, when it shows "0%" it turns off as a security measure, well, I want to remove that security measure, also, if its possible to remove the low battery advertisements.

If anyone can help me with that will be my cyber friend and we can chat all day and send pictures to each others.

Or maybe I can just say thanks, you choose ahaha.

Last edited by Jesus Treviño; 10-21-2008 at 05:32 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:58 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Registry edition, how to remove a feature, battery meter and functions.

omg, call carrier and get a new phone. how long have you had it? they may give you a hood deal on a diamond/pro. that would drive me nutz.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:33 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jesus Treviño is a n00b

Thats not an option, AKA----->Ebay

Sold as is, was stated to be perfectly working, but you know, it was "as is".

Anyway... I figured out the registry solution, but I don't know how to do it, anyone?
Old 10-21-2008, 08:28 AM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

to do it you need a registry editor like phm regedit or total commander or resco registry or etc. there's lots out there

Old 10-21-2008, 10:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

How do you know the issue you have isnt software related in the ROM? When did you last do a hard reset? What ROM are you using?
Old 10-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Greetings. You could create a "low battery warning" notification in "sounds and notifications", then you could uncheck that option. To do this, go to HKCU/controlpanel/notifications/A877D661-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408 then create a string value named "Default" then name the value "low battery warning". (no quotes)
Or you could just disable all battery monitoring altogether by going to HKLM/drivers/builtin/battery and rename or remove "battdrvr.dll"
Definitely recommend doing a registry backup and or system backup before doing anything to your registry.
dschoenike

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:25 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jesus Treviño is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweetyBear View Post
to do it you need a registry editor like phm regedit or total commander or resco registry or etc. there's lots out there
Hahaha, thanks , I knew that, but I wanted to know what to edit in the registry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
How do you know the issue you have isnt software related in the ROM? When did you last do a hard reset? What ROM are you using?
I have made several hard resets and I know it because it used to happend with the original rome, I reflashed and cooked my own rom and it keeps doing the same thing :S

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
Greetings. You could create a "low battery warning" notification in "sounds and notifications", then you could uncheck that option. To do this, go to HKCU/controlpanel/notifications/A877D661-239C-47a7-9304-0D347F580408 then create a string value named "Default" then name the value "low battery warning". (no quotes)
Or you could just disable all battery monitoring altogether by going to HKLM/drivers/builtin/battery and rename or remove "battdrvr.dll"
Definitely recommend doing a registry backup and or system backup before doing anything to your registry.
dschoenike

Thats the response that I was looking for man!!! thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2008, 05:01 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jesus Treviño is a n00b

Is there any way that I can get the battery.dll out from the phone and see if I can edit it?

The only issue here is that I renamed the battery.dll and now the phone works great, but if you plug it into the charger or the usb cable it never shows that its charging it, so I'm worried now about the battery life, I mean, the phone will never stop charging the battery by itself or also it doesnt shows that its charging it, so now I don't know if the phone is really charging the battery, I suppose it is, but the green led doesnt comes up.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I'm hoping somebody else will be able to help ya with that part. It is still charging, your phone just won't show it anymore. dschoenike

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan