PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2008, 11:06 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
About to switch from my Apache to Titan. Need some advice/reviews/suggestions

Hello all.
I am a fairly happy Verizon XV6700 (Apache) user and I have used the apache forums for quite a while now.

I am considering switching over to a xv6800 (titan). I like the built in GPS.

I have a question. How accurate is the builtin gps? I am currently using a Holux M1200 bluetooth reciever for my GPS on my 6700. Would the titans built-in gps be as accurate as the Holux?

I mainly use 2 programs for GPS mapping.... Garmin Mobile XT (on road navi), and Back Country Navigator (geocaching and offroad navi). Would the titans built in GPS work with these apps?

Also, please if you have any reviews or suggestion for someone about to make the upgrade from an Apache to a Titan, please let me know!

Thanks!
Old 10-21-2008, 05:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

groovdafied is becoming a great contributor
Re: About to switch from my Apache to Titan. Need some advice/reviews/suggestions

Well I have the sprint version of your phone, and I think the GPS works great! XDA-Developers and sprintmogul.net are greate resources for your phone. (FYI) I use the Telenav, Live Search and Google Maps without issues on the mogul.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:31 AM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear
Re: About to switch from my Apache to Titan. Need some advice/reviews/suggestions

i've never had the 6700 but i have the 6800 and it's a great phone. you'll love it. i dunno what features are on the 6700 but hte 6800 has gps and wifi.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

sl8763 is keeping up the good worksl8763 is keeping up the good work

Here is a small review I did between the two units.

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...-thoughts.html

I'm still thrilled with the Mogul. The GPS is fantastic. I'm sure some people might suggest you go for the Diamond Pro, though I don't know anything about that one.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:29 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I would wait IMO. The 6800 is older and about to be replaced.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:41 AM
Linux Administrator
Threadstarter

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

What is it about to be replaced with? I havent heard.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:50 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Touch Pro w/256mb ram vs 64mb ram on the Titan would be considered the replacement.

I like my Titan too, and would also vote for "wait" - it's pretty long in the tooth, no reason to jump in now.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:56 AM
Linux Administrator
Threadstarter

Cool. Is Verizon gonna be doing the Touch Pro? If they are, has anyone heard what they will call it?
Old 10-22-2008, 11:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: VZW 6850
Carrier: VZW

BigDASH is a n00b

I just switched to the 6800 from the 6700 and man the only thing i really had to get used to was the way the keyboard slid from the phone and the layout of the keyboard (Symbols)

I had flashed my 6700 and had WM6.1 running on it so the first thing I did was to flash the 6800 with the HTC VZW MR1 rom. then I flashed a GPS enabled radio on to the phone and I am now able to use the phone as a standalone GPS which works great. took a 250 mile trip and it worked perfectly.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:26 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wink Re: About to switch from my Apache to Titan. Need some advice/reviews/suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy View Post
Hello all.
I am a fairly happy Verizon XV6700 (Apache) user and I have used the apache forums for quite a while now.

I am considering switching over to a xv6800 (titan). I like the built in GPS.

I have a question. How accurate is the builtin gps? I am currently using a Holux M1200 bluetooth reciever for my GPS on my 6700. Would the titans built-in gps be as accurate as the Holux?

I mainly use 2 programs for GPS mapping.... Garmin Mobile XT (on road navi), and Back Country Navigator (geocaching and offroad navi). Would the titans built in GPS work with these apps?

Also, please if you have any reviews or suggestion for someone about to make the upgrade from an Apache to a Titan, please let me know!

Thanks!
the gps is great..but the lack of memory on the mogul is the downfall...if you can...just get the touch pro when is out on Nov. 2nd.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan