PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2008, 04:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Could this get Skype working on WM 6.1??

Skype was recently released to support WM 6.1. We all know that it loads up and some of the features work, but no audio can be heard during a skype call.

This seems to affect htc users.

Anyways. if you had WM 6.0 then u could use skype by using an older version 2.1.0.18 or something.

Anyways, i was researching and it seems the only dependancy skype has with windows mobile is the cellcore.dll. i honesty dont know what this dll does (commanager stuff?) but anyways. i ripped the cellcore.dll from the alltel 3.35 WM6.0 rom. i wanted to replace the cellcore.dll from the wm6.1 rom with this one from the 6.0 rom. But it needs to be in the rom build, it cant be replaced. anyone wanna try this? i dont know if this will f up the build or what. basically build a WM 6.1 ROM that you know doesnt support skype properly. then build one using this dll and then test skype.

here it is. any one else wanna help me try and get skype working on the 6.1 roms. thanks.

if you know why skypw wont work please let me know.

Last edited by shadow-tech; 10-17-2008 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: Bell Canada

jdevitt1000 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to jdevitt1000
Re: Could this get Skype working on WM 6.1??

Cellcore.dll might have dependancies... check out this page:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa922988.aspx

James

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan