PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

thekafka is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ppc 6800 constant freeze

hey guys idk what happened to my phone. it was working fine and then all of a sudden today it is so slow. constantly freezes when i try to reply to text messages, look at my contacts, anything, i soft reset and it does the same thing any pointers?
Old 10-16-2008, 10:35 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: ppc 6800 constant freeze

Sorry for the obvious question, but have you installed any software recently? dschoenike

Old 10-16-2008, 10:45 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Think of everything you've done since it's gotten slow and list it here.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:50 PM
Lurker

saygen is a n00b

I've got the same problem now too. I haven't installed anyting in weeks.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

back everything up you wanna keep and hard reset. I bet it will work......seriously
Old 10-20-2008, 11:28 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
back everything up you wanna keep and hard reset. I bet it will work......seriously
I agree. This is probably the best way to go to fix this issue.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Something else to consider is that you may have a lot of junk files accumulated. These will also slow your system way down. Either manually clean these out or get a cleanup program such as SKTools or MemMaid

Old 10-20-2008, 12:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
Something else to consider is that you may have a lot of junk files accumulated. These will also slow your system way down. Either manually clean these out or get a cleanup program such as SKTools or MemMaid
This sounds like the likely suspect especially for the person that hasn't installd any apps for weks. Try my tutorial on cleaning up your PPC here.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

nate_dogg is a n00b

i've had this problem multiple times (about once a month), along with other problems. every time i would have to hard reset the phone, because it was virtually unusable (extremely slow, contacts would not show up, texting extremely slow).

i have a feeling that for my case it might have something to do with the programs i have or the environment. usually this problem would occur after leaving my phone on (in my locker at work) where it has extremely low reception. it is left there for hours without use. occasionally when i try to use it after this period, the phone will not be able to get a signal at all until i reset it (soft) and then after that it is supper slow. or sometimes it will just shut itself off before i get to it and will be slow when i turn it on.

anyways my phone also occasionally turns itself off for no reason (indepently of any programs installed- did it the same day after a hard reset with no programs installed) and will not turn back on unless you take the battery out, so after a visit to the sprint repair center, they determined that i would be gettting a new phone. it arrives tomorrow. we will see what happens
Old 10-20-2008, 04:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

That has been happening to me to out of the blue,I have to hard reset every 3 weeks or so, make sure you back everything up. I stopped using HTC Home recently to se eif that helps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan