PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2008, 09:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

gar598 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mogul no longer rings!

It no longer rings for incoming calls nor does the alarm work. Any ideas? Vibrate works fine.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael (Touch Pro)

dlbrummels is keeping up the good workdlbrummels is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to dlbrummels Send a message via AIM to dlbrummels Send a message via MSN to dlbrummels Send a message via Yahoo to dlbrummels Send a message via Skype™ to dlbrummels
Re: Mogul no longer rings!

Set for vibrate only ?
Old 09-13-2008, 10:47 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Greetings. I've been having that same issue for months. My mogul won't ring no matter what setting or ringer i assign to it. And like yours, it vibrates just fine. I originally thought it was an app causing this problem. But about a month or so ago, i did a hard-reset, and installed software 1 program at a time and checked the ringer functionality after each soft-reset. All was well for at least a week, and i swear the ringer just stopped working. So i don't know if it could be a delayed effect of some program i'm running, or just a mogul thing. Oh well, it would be nice to figure what causes this issue. dschoenike

Old 09-13-2008, 11:05 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Check your ring volume settings. You may have to push the little Stop button on the Sounds and Notifications settings area for setting a phone ring.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

frenchie is a n00b

I actually have the problem as well. I do not even get the "Incoming Call" page to pop up. It just sits there and will say I have missed a call. It's very frustrating!
Old 09-13-2008, 11:39 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Try adjusting your SCI (slot cycle index). Do a search for how to do it because I want you to search for that frenchie. That will help you.

Also, try hard resetting if you haven't or reflashing the ROM.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

epsilon is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to epsilon Send a message via MSN to epsilon
Cool Re: Mogul no longer rings!

Ok I've seen this problem on a few phones I've flashed with custom roms.
It seems if you are running the latest radio and you install any thing from
the ppc kitchen you will lose the incoming call ring/popup. So far it looks
like you have to flash a sprint rom on the phone. I've tested this with three
phones. Two with
RUU_TITAN_SPRINT_WWE_3.35.651.2_RS_TITAN_3.35.04_4 350H_SPCS_AM_Ship.exe

flashed to it and one with the older radio. The older radio will work after a ppc install the new one loses its ring.

hope that helps some one.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:19 AM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Sounds like some of you are having issues because of your dialer. Just install a different dialer and see if that helps. I recommend the ones by carlos. The function well on my VZW phone with a kitchen ROM.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 09-14-2008, 07:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

myberrysrblack is a n00b

I work for Sprint and a guy came into my store having the same issue. his speaker phone function would work, but not his phone ringing. we hard reseted it and it was fine
Old 09-17-2008, 06:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

crazyactor06 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to crazyactor06

PROBLEM: Hey guys. I've had the same problem for about a week. I kept soft reseting thinking it would work better. I didnt. There was also a 1-3min drag of blackness from the animated sprint splash screen to the green windows splash screen from it being powered on. I have a mogul running 6.1.
SOLUTION: The guy at sprint did a powercycle (pop batt out while the phone is powered on for about five min) and cut it back on. It worked like new.

He suggested that we mogul users do that once everyday.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan