PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Mogul switching to landscape (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40491)

redifrogger 10-15-2008 09:14 AM

Mogul switching to landscape

:scratch:Maybe someone can help me with this problem. The phone rings when in my pouch on belt, I reach in to pull it out, accidentally sliding keyboard a bit. Phone is now in landscape mode, and I wait for it to switch back to portrait mode to answer and talk. I've tried 'training' myself to pull it out so phone won't slide, but it does so anyway. Anyone have any ideas? Like I would ever talk on my phone in landscape. ](*,)

weedahoe 10-15-2008 11:22 AM

Re: Mogul switching to landscape

Not trying to be mean because I do understand what you are saying but what difference does it make what mode it is in when you are talking on it with it next to your head? LOL

redifrogger 10-15-2008 11:29 AM

weedahoe - Have you ever tried it?

weedahoe 10-15-2008 11:35 AM

I cant say I have bro......lol......However I do remember a thread not too long ago that was about ppl pulling their device out and the magnet causing an issue with it rotating the screen. Maybe that is it?

MrObvious 10-15-2008 11:45 AM

Put your phone in the other way?

Steezy 10-15-2008 03:23 PM

You must have really lose springs on your keyboard. Mine are tough, like me. I'm tough. Do you guys think HTC went kind of cheesy on the slider? Just a thought!

redifrogger 10-16-2008 08:32 AM

Quote:

Put your phone in the other way?
Tried that already too. Loose springs? Maybe that's it - is that something that the store can repair?

weedahoe 10-16-2008 08:52 AM

Loose springs? I thought it was magnetically controlled but never really looked into it. Hmmm..........

redifrogger 10-16-2008 09:44 AM

Weedahoe - you're right! I took my holster off my belt turned my mogul on an slide it over the magnet and it switched to landscape! The stock Verizon side belt pouch is making it switch! I would have never thought of that. Bummer though - I really like my side pouch. But the magnet is so strong that it is making the mogul think that the keyboard just slid to the open position.

weedahoe 10-16-2008 11:21 AM

I only knew that because I remember reading a thread on it and everyone in the thread was trying to dupe the issue with the hip holsters. Go get you a holster off ebay and be done with it. Thats where I got mine and have had it for almost 2 yrs and never had an issue with it. Only cost a few bux.