PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 07:25 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Retentions

I know you might flame me, and there are a few posts on this as well, but I have to ask...

I have had it with my Mogul. Granted, it is a great device, but it is absolutely unusable at this point.

I won't lie, my goal IS to get a Touch Pro, but I just want something that works.

For example, yesterday, my tire blew out. I pulled out my phone to call AAA, and I had to wait for it to reboot because the damned thing was frozen in sleep mode.

I was wondering if calling retentions would help me at all. I already talked to a CSR, but she said to talk to asurion. Here is what I said, and what I probably will say when I talk to Retentions:

Hello, I am having some serious issues with my phone. I have already spoken with customer service, and there is nothing you can do for me. I think I might have to cancel my contract to get a phone that works.

Now, I do know how to use the Windows Mobile interface on my HTC Mogul, however there are some serious issues here. First I have to say that I do not want anyone to feel as if I am angered at them personally, however I am angered at the device. I appreciate anything you can do for me because I have just about had it with this phone. I have taken it in for a battery replacement [the charge would hold for about 2 hours of standby, 10 minutes of talk time] and I explained my issues the the representative. He stated that they have been having similar issues with other customers and replacing the phone only delays the same issues.
We just need to work something out because at this point I'm seriously considering the iPhone so I can save myself time and headaches.

Let me state my issues:
1. Keyboard.
When I open the keyboard to respond to an email or text message, it takes about 10 seconds to rotate the screen. The main issue with the keyboard, however, is that the keypresses are innacurate. I will press a key, and sometimes it does not register. Other times, it will show up on the screen 5 times. Also, the parentheses keys do not work. At times, I have to wait a few seconds until the keyboard will recognize anything I press.

2. Freezing
This as an annoying issue on my phone. When I'm reading an email, browsing the web, or using a program, the phone randomly freezes. When I press the power button, nothing happens. I have to press the reset button at the bottom of the phone, wait for it to boot up, and redo whatever I had not saved. One thing that really bothers me is that I cannot do something this phone is meant to do: run multiple programs. If I try to run 2 programs at once, the phone will eventually get so slow that I have to take out the battery.

3. Hard Resets
This issue is BY FAR the worst. It has happened to me 2 times! Here's what happens: I press the power button to wake up the phone, and it vibrates to indicate its starting up [It had been put into sleep mode]. It turns on, and then EVERYTHING is gone from my device including CONTACTS, APPOINTMENTS, and EMAILS! I have lost so many contacts and other important information because of this. The worst part is that it's happens randomly! I never know when it will happen again.

4. Screen
There is a light spot in the bottom-left corner of my screen. Everything displayed there is a lighter shade than the rest of the screen, but the touchscreen isn't affected. This is a minor issue.

There are a few more issues, but they are not as important as the ones I have listed. Again, I don't want anyone to feel that I am attacking them personally, but I am incredibly shocked to see that this is how the top-of-the-line device performs. I can no longer rely on my phone.

I am satisfied with Sprint's service, but I seriously cannot handle these types of issues. The things I am experiencing are unacceptable. I am considering switching to the new iPhone even if that means giving up Sprint and Windows Mobile.

I hope you understand my frustrations. I have researched some of my issues and it seems other people with the Mogul are having similar problems. That is the main reason I don't think I can tolerate this phone much longer.

Thank you very much for your time
Old 10-14-2008, 07:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good work
Re: Retentions

I agree that the Mogul has some very glaring issues, specifically the lag when you go to landscape as you slide the keyboard open. Sometimes I dread responding to a text message because I have to slide the keyboard open and wait at least 5 seconds while the window adjusts. Then when I start typing I get bad results, like keys not registering, or registering more than once when I clearly only pressed it once. It's pretty awful.

I also have the stupid white spot.

My Mogul also freezes seemingly just when I need it. I miss important voicemails from the wife and from work because my phone is frozen when the call comes in.

I live with it because I'm on SERO, I can customize the phone to no end, it has a hard keyboard, and has wifi. Otherwise it's a laggy POS with a glaring manufacturing defect (the white spot).
Old 10-14-2008, 07:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700 / 6900 / TP2
Carrier: Sprint

badb4c is keeping up the good workbadb4c is keeping up the good work

To get a free touch/vogue upgrade from my Apache and keep the Apache, I had to go into a store twice. Probably talked to 10 different csr's, and called retentions 3 times. It took some work but they finally gave in. If it's not a equal swap you will have some issues. They where willing to upgrade me to the mogul for free but not the touch because it did not follow there replacement or upgrade structure. It took some work to convince them.

What I had read before, and worked for my friend and I. Was to call retentions, only talk to a young white male, just hang up if it sounds like anything else as they seem to be more willing to help. Actually proved true for me and my friend. Mention ATT&T and wanting the Iphone.

I would guess that it might take a few tries before they just give you one.

Hope it works!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul On MetroPCS and a Bricked XV6700

fred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I agree... sometimes I get angry when trying to multitask and the damn phone freezes, but think this way... nothing in this world is perfect.... Have you tried the Samsung instinct? My sister upgrade from a RAZR to the instinct, she said it was AMAZING... i saw the phone, and it really SUCKS! you're stuck with their stupid OS, JAR apps, and crap customizations.... Have you owned any Motorola phone before? They dont have anything cool and they also freeze. Is the most dumb phone around... the truth is that once you have an HTC PDA, nothing will satisfy you anymore. The Iphone: I see many friends with it now, they're on ATT ( expensive, contracts... ) and IPHONE also Freezes! i hear it many times. No other phone will take so many customizations as our moguls and diamonds and vogues can take. Maybe we are too picky with them? it's just a little 400mhz processor running so much stuff, try running windows XP, flash websites, listening to music connected to wifi using a Pentium II MMX 400Mhz with 64MB Ram. Now i question you , is the Mogul bad? Yes. But everything else is even worst !

Ps: My battery life is very good, you definitely have a bad battery, mine lasts the whole day.. using data, GPS, etc..

PS2: Why dont you try a cleaner ROM.... maybe all those hacks and customizations we do work the opposite way at the end of the road... The fancy dialers, HTC Home, GPS toggle, that stuff should one way or the other make the OS heavy.

i dont know... just my 2 cents....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:04 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL
Threadstarter

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Thanks for your responses... I called retentions and I got my deal:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40460
Old 10-14-2008, 11:13 PM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c

Here is my experience. I went in the store on a Saturday evening to have my mogul serviced over Keyboard issues and Non connectivity of the Wi-Fi. The issued me a refurb which contuined to go into bootloader mode everytime i powered it down. I tried to tolerate it as well as play with roms thinking maybe its a fix. Thast Thursday i called sprint and connected with tech support over my issues. He could not offer a solution as i revelaed my fustration and offfered to upgrade to a touch. He acknoledged it wasnt an evcen swap , but due to teh numbner system Mogul beinbg a 6800 and touch being a 6900 by paper the system labled that.

I told him that would be a swap of nonsense and he agreed. as he had a mogul himself He went on to call assurion and order a new unit and credit my account the 50$ as sprint would eat the bill. and talked about how he could not wait for a relase of the touch. I knew i would not get the mogul until monday so i called ranting with rententions , who said it wasnt much they could do as they were unable to send me a phone faster than monday .I told them i would take the phone inot the store and i need something done. The store swapped that mogul out with abrand new in the box model.

I recieved the other one as well that Monday and swapped teh other mogul on my account with that one . Called Assurion told them what i did , and they were fine with it . I maled it out.

Called rententions Saturday spoke with them. After several negotiations and pleading my case they issued me a new Diamond for 149.99 billed to my account which i recieved today.

Note i also wrote ecare last week and after several emails espressing my issues they agreed to give me 2 touch pros for 299.00 each.

Now note this, I have been on with both companies dating back to 1997 for mainly 2003 - until i have 5 phones on my account all smart phones with an average bill of 35.00 - 500.00 per month. I gave them the break down on phones i purchased this year alone with an annual of ammount i contribute to sprint on a yearly basis.

Moral just be true and tell them what you wnat and expect
Thank a Fellow Geeker If you have been helped by hitting the button below
Old 10-15-2008, 11:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

I have always found than on my PPC that once I start seeing issues like this and I hard reset, I no longer have them, I know it has to do with the tweaks and memory management as well as fragmentation, ECT. I dont like having to hard reset and in fact I dread it because I have to set everything back up again how I had it before and how Ilike it.

However, I am glad you got you plan to work for you. Kudos to you brother and I really hate the fact that VZW drags thier a$$ when it comes to coming out with new devices compared to Sprint.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan