PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

robj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Video from phone won't play on desktop

I have recorded a few videos on my phone and when I try to email them to myself on my desktop email the file will never play. I've tried using windows media player and realplayer to no avail. It just tells me it's an invalid file. It comes across as an mp4. Windows media should play those type of files right? I caught somebody doing something funny as heck on video and i can't email it!! Is there something I need to do differently? I've also tried to drag and drop file from activesync directly to my desktop and it still will not work. Any help guys?

Don't just say THANKS click it!

Old 10-14-2008, 02:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Video from phone won't play on desktop

No, I dont think WMP will play WM4 but at least you know what format you are recoding them in. You will need a different player to play that CoDec. I use Crystal Player on my PC and it will play everything. Use Motion JPEG which will record an AVI file I think and that you can play in WMP.

Last edited by weedahoe; 10-14-2008 at 02:12 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

robj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
No, I dont think WMP will play WM4 but at least you know what format you are recoding them in. You will need a different player to play that CoDec. I use Crystal Player on my PC and it will play everything. Use Motion JPEG which will record an AVI file I think and that you can play in WMP.
Is there an app that will allow you to record video on your phone in another format? Or is there a pocket app that can change the format? I want others to be able to open the file once I send it to them.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

so nobody can help?
Old 10-15-2008, 06:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah, go into the "tools" in your camera screen, after setting it to video, and scroll around. There is 4 different formats for video, I believe. I use the one that ends up with a ".avi" extention (I thinks it's labeled "Motion jpeg"). The only downside is that the files are bigger (make sure you set it to save to your memory card). Or use an mp4-to-avi convertor on your PC
Old 10-15-2008, 10:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

The codec or more properly the container that is hosting the content *.mp4 could be a variety of formats the extension.

whatever filename.mp4 is just the container. Any mp4 file will play in any player provided you have the right decompression codecs installed on the pc you want to play the file on.

If you don't want to install a codec pack like k-lite mega codec pack on your pc to be able to play the file in windows media player or whatever your default player is, or maybe this is all jubberish to you.

Then get vlc media player it has the codecs built in to play pretty much everything. You can get that here

http://www.videolan.org/mirror-geo.p....9.4-win32.exe

It is lightweight and will not take over as your default player unless you leave the boxxes checked under video and audio near the end of the install. After its installed just open it up and browse to the file, or drag the video to the vlc icon for vlc to open it up.

This still won't help the person you are e-mailing the files 2 unless they have the proper codecs installed on their pc as well. To make it easy on them you are going to have to convert it into a basic file format like *.avi or *.wmv wmv is your best bet as 99% of pc's come with windows media player already installed.

There is a simple free to use program that will convert the file to wmv or avi for you it is called media coder. You can get that here

http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/mi...0.6.1.4196.exe

Thier site contains all the help or info you need should you encounter problems.

http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/index.htm
Old 10-15-2008, 11:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

TheBudo has it right. Thats what I would have told you also. And the app VLC gator2k83 refers is also a good versatile app that will play a lot of formats. Overall, I just think you need to explore your phone and ALL its options to better educated and comfortable with it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan