PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 12:23 PM
Lurker

ericjohnson18 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help Please!

hello, first time poster here. I have a mogul phone through sprint. i want to switch it over so i can put it on my alltel acount. can anybody help me? Thanks
Old 10-14-2008, 12:25 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Help Please!

welcome here.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

The only thing you can do (from what I understand) is call Alltel and see if they will accept and add the ESN in thier database so you can activate it on thier network. But getting that done is more than a challange I hear. Maybe some others will chime in and help.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:10 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

First off find an Alltel ROM, allow the customizations to run, then call Alltel Tech Support and ask for an ESN change, don't tell them where you got the phone, and give them the ESN. If it works great. If not you're screwed.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
If not you're screwed.
Such a great way with words you have..........lol
Old 10-14-2008, 02:28 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Well you aren't screwed, it just won't work. LOL!
Old 10-14-2008, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Alltel w/Sprint phone

njkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This is very possible I am living proof. I switch from Sprint to Alltel recently without a hitch.

The first thing I did was research switching a sprint phone to a different carrier. Everything I found said it couldnt be done. But I was determined

So the first thing I did was unlock my phone by getting the MSL number (using GETSPD) and reprogramming it to 000000 (using QPST). Then I flashed to the official Alltel rom.

So now my phone was unlocked and ready to go all I needed to do was get service with another company.

I then went to an Alltel store and signed up for new service. I just got the free phone for now till I could get my Touch hooked up.

I waited about a week and called Alltel Tech Support and told the girl I needed to activate my new cell phone I got off ebay.

The girl asked if it was an Alltel phone and I told her yes it says Alltel when I turn it on Then she asked for the ESN number which I gave her. She then said we will have to manually program it. At this point I just followed all her directions. After we were done I had a working Sprint HTC Touch on my new Alltel account.

So this is possible with the right amount of research and effort.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ericjohnson18 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkid32 View Post

So the first thing I did was unlock my phone by getting the MSL number (using GETSPD) and reprogramming it to 000000 (using QPST). Then I flashed to the official Alltel rom.

this information would be much more useful if i had any idea what it meant. you have to forgive me, i have no knowledge about this stuff. is there any way you could help me through these steps??
Old 10-14-2008, 06:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Alltel w/Sprint phone

njkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Sure I can help.. Go ahead and pm me when you have some time on your hands and I can walk you through it. Meanwhile I will write up a much more detailed process for you.

Edit: This is the procedure I followed to unlock my touch.

Quote:
I did this for my Sprint Touch. I am still using it in the USA but my phone has been modified to support other carriers with no problem.

The steps are simple:

Here is what you need to do:

1. Download GetSPC(attached below)
2. Unzip to desktop
3. Turn off phone and remove battery.
4. Write down your HEX ESN
5. Power your device back on
6. Connect via ActiveSync or WMDC
7. Copy entire folder to main memory on device.
8. Run GetSPC.exe
9. In the top box type in your HEX ESN(make sure caps is on)
10. Click generate or whatever the button is named
11. The resulting number should be a 6 digit number, your MSL, write it down.
12. Search for, download and install Qualcomm's QPST tool.(not freeware)

THE FOLLOWING STEPS ARE VERY DANGEROUS SO MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW MY DIRECTIONS EXACTLY.
13. Run QPST Configuration(run as admin if Vista)
14. From the Dialpad, dial ##3424#(##diag#)
15. Connect device to computer via USB(this will install drivers)
16. In QPST Configuration, click ports.
17. Continue to add ports until the QPST Configuration detects your phone
18. Under active phones it should display your phone.
19. Click Start Clients/Service Programming
20. Select phone and click ok.

DO NOT LEAVE FIRST TAB, THE SETTINGS TAB. THIS IS THE ONLY TAB WE WILL NEED TO CHANGE ANY SETTINGS

21. Under the settings tab, click Read from phone.
22. Input your MSL you got from GetSPC earlier.
23. Under codes where it says Service Programming, change this to 000000
24. Click Write to Phone
25. Wait 1 minute
26. Close Qualcomm QPST one window at a time.
27. Disconnect the USB cable from your device
28. Perform Soft reset once
29. Test new MSL(##000000#)
30. If new code does not go through, hard reset.

31. Depending on what device you have, follow the necessary steps to unlock your phone so you can flash a new ROM to it.

32. Install OEM ROM from carrier of choice or build your own custom ROM using the new carrier's information.

33. Follow instructions to flash new OS to device.

34. Call service provider and do some sweet talking to get them to activate the phone on their network. You may need to do some serious sweet talking because Sprint ESNs are not in Verizon's database and vice versa. This goes for all CDMA carriers.

Good luck.
Here is a site with all the info and links as well...

Last edited by njkid32; 10-14-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: thc touch
Carrier: Verizon

b1v2r is a n00b

I have a Sprint 9600 and I’m trying to convert it to Verizon. When Idon’t know how to use anything but the exe files. I found this exe; [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']RUU_Vogue_VZW_WWE_3.14.605.1_Radio_3.37.77_Ship.ex e. “I get Error 294 Invalid Vender ID. This Update Utility cannot be used for your PDA Phone. Please check you Update Utility”
Please help!
[/FONT]

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan