PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2008, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

vrzsuxppcrocks is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VZW htc xv6800 wifi problem

can you give me step by step, I downloaded the wifi fix cab and installed it. I this step twice, one with the wifi switch on and off and it did not work. I did the hard reset because the phone froze at the boot or begibng and screen went black. i tried soft reset and it hasnt worked.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

kdj67f is becoming a great contributor

I soft reset after successful install, then pulled battery when it hung, as in my above post. It did not need hard reset, just a battery pull and reboot, as mentioned above. If you install, soft reset and pull battery (if necessary) and it still does not work, it might not be your problem. I was just offering suggestions. Sorry, bro...
Old 10-15-2008, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I already tried many times intalling that and so far I have no succes, the only thing it does is that it freezes at boot loading. I have done hard reset and it has not work. can you give me steps on how to do it?
Old 10-15-2008, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

kdj67f is becoming a great contributor

Its as easy as any other cab install, just click on the cab, when it confirms it installed, just soft reset. If yours hangs at one of the splashes like mine did, pull the battery, wait 5 minutes, then re-install the battery and boot up as normal. You don't have to hard reset if the device will boot after putting the battery back in.

If you did all those, and it did not help, it may not be the fix for your problem. I am not the author of this cab, so I don't know what it actually does, but it was suggested to me to try, and it worked on my device.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

See, here is a prime example of what I was talking about.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40531
Old 10-16-2008, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I tried that and it hasn't work. I have done it many times and it just freezes at boot. I had to do hard reset and it hasnt worked. could you give steps on how to do it.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok after reading that thread, I think I'm going to flash it back to 6.0 and see if wifi works. Then, if does not work them I'm just going to install the cab and if it doesnt work, then I'm going to upgrade to 6.1 and try wifi and if it doesnt work then I don't know what else to do.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:08 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Take it in and get another phone.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

I personally think it is OS/software related and not hardware but there is always that chance.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

This does not work on my verizon xv6800, it freezes at boot load and I have to hardreset everytime....is there any one that nows about registry and tell me if I could do something with it or maybe with the wifi driver...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan