PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2008, 10:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

metaltech is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No data connection after upgrade

Guys..i just recently upgraded my radio to 3.35 and used the kitchen to upgrade rom to titan_no2chem_5067_wm6.1 on my Us Cellular htc 6800.
After the upgrade everything is working smooth as silk even the gps. But no matter what i do i cannot get my data(modem) connection to work. I even went to my local US cellular store and opened the epst file on the floor model and copied every setting in there(except for esn...msid...etc) The floor model data connection worked but mine will not. Just keeps trying to dial #777 and after so many tries says cant connect for some unknown reason. I tried to connect phone to bitpim to try uploading 41 key file as stated in another post but cannot get bitpim to recognize the phone...windows vista keeps looking for generic serial driver to install but cant find it.
Any more ideas suggestions? There has to be someone here with an upgraded US cellular 6800 with working data connection. Please help!!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 01:00 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: No data connection after upgrade

Did you check the user/pass? I doubt that is it.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Alltel w/Sprint phone

njkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Sounds like you need the WModemDriverInstaller file. Here read this thread you'll find what you need there.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular
Threadstarter

metaltech is a n00b

Yep...checked the user name and pass. Not the problem
Also got bitpim to connect using the driver njkid32 posted about (Thx njkid32) and uploaded new 41.key file but no dice Still no data connection.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan