PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question replacing music player

Is it possible to completely remove WMP (windows media player ) and only have HTC audio manager on the phone? I would like to play music in the background but WMP is a memory hog. also if it is possible to remove WMP player what is a good video player to replace it with, to play vids from the SD card?

Thanks
Old 10-12-2008, 02:58 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: replacing music player

when i had a touch i used s2p. played great and can play w/o screen on. loved it. also works well with s2u2. link, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=377627 use it on my diamond as well

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 10-12-2008 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:00 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

WMP is cooked into the rom. i don't think you can get rid of it short of cooking your own. I do use S2P version .50 and I LOVE IT! I keep WMP around for vids and such.
Don't forget to hit the

Old 10-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

I do cook my own ROMs using 20748 as a base but I haven't found the option to remove WMP.

ok, I'll try S2P, is there a way to make it the default player? So when I click on a song it opens in S2P and not WMP?

I guess I have to keep WMP for vids, b/c all the players listed in the kitchen are for streaming vids
Old 10-12-2008, 03:09 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

also if you use s2u2 and s2p together you can play tunes from locked homescreen. very nifty apps. thanx A_C
Old 10-12-2008, 03:10 PM
Geek'n it Up

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Not sure on the default player, but when wanna listen to music I just open it. I'd make sure your music is well organized. For example I have a Music folder on my SDcard, and every band is in there by folder, then albums, then songs. So when I select the music folder I can cover flow through all my albums.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:10 PM
Geek'n it Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
also if you use s2u2 and s2p together you can play tunes from locked homescreen. very nifty apps. thanx A_C
Ah yes, i forgot about that, and its one of the main reasons i use s2p. that and cover flow... it just rules.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

what is s2u2?
Old 10-12-2008, 03:38 PM
acs tester

here, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=412418
Old 10-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Geek'n it Up

or here http://www.ac-s2.com/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan