PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Mogul (Sprint): Auto send/receive emails works sporadically (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40207)

bones20 10-12-2008 02:22 PM

Mogul (Sprint): Auto send/receive emails works sporadically

I have set up pop email with gmail on my mogul (sprint) and the auto send receive functionality was working consistently to my knowledge so far even when the phone was suspended.

However, lately it doesnt seem to do it right. many times I check my emails the next evening and I dont see any email pulled where in fact I would have 20-25 new emails. Manual send receive works fine though. I have:
- scheduled for an update every 2 hours.
- configured sprint for always on internet configuration.

Do I need to leave the email client running in the memory always. I usually kill the client from the memory after checking the emails since I understand that the email service runs in the background.

Any suggestions?

Lylej2k 10-12-2008 03:04 PM

Re: Mogul (Sprint): Auto send/receive emails works sporadically

Have you tried deleting the account and re-setting it? I've had the same problem before and that fixed it for me.

bones20 10-13-2008 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lylej2k (Post 455740)
Have you tried deleting the account and re-setting it? I've had the same problem before and that fixed it for me.

I tried that. Still doesnt work :(

MrObvious 10-13-2008 01:31 PM

Maybe you have to use a Sprint SMTP server?

bones20 10-13-2008 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 456875)
Maybe you have to use a Sprint SMTP server?

Send receive works fine manually. So I would assume the setting are right. Also the settings were auto configured by Wm6. Also SMTP is meant for sending emails.

frazell 10-13-2008 07:58 PM

Give it a shot leaving Outlook running...

To my knowledge Outlook handles anything, except Exchange and thus needs to be running to carry out its tasks...

For my phone I know ActiveSync is always running in the background and will restart itself if closed to keep the Exchange ActiveSync flowing as it should.

saiyen2012 10-14-2008 02:24 AM

go to your gmail account from a pc go to setting. then click forward tab. add your number 123-456-7890@messaging.sprintpcs.com that will forward all your email as a text message as soon as you get a regular email. but of course you will need a unlimited text plan. then you can click send/receive it you have a real long email. I hope this works for you.

bones20 10-14-2008 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazell (Post 457402)
Give it a shot leaving Outlook running...

To my knowledge Outlook handles anything, except Exchange and thus needs to be running to carry out its tasks...

For my phone I know ActiveSync is always running in the background and will restart itself if closed to keep the Exchange ActiveSync flowing as it should.

No luck dude. Do you think it might have anything to do with internet connection not staying on in standby. this has started happening after I did a hard reset and restored my phone from sprite backup.

gxnext 10-14-2008 05:13 AM

I use the free mail2web push email, and have my other email accounts like gmail forward to it... u know for that true push email experience... then i also have each account set up in outlook manually... just incase I need to check my emails that require a bit more advanced settings... but... at least I'm informed as soon as a email arrives...

bones20 10-14-2008 01:00 PM

Ok, latest update. I played around a little bit and did this:
settings->phone->services->internet->start Client Initiated IOTA

It now seems to update email fine but I dont get the notification Leds/messages for new messages and no Email client was not running in the background.