PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2008, 01:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bugsysiegals is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question PPC Tablet Remote Control with Bluetooth

I really like the PPC Tablet software. Since I always have my phone in my pocket, it allows me to switch my TV over to PC and remotely control my PC without the need for a wireless keyboard and mouse.

The only downside of the application that I have noticed is that the software doesnt work until you login to your account and the server software starts running. So if the computer gets rebooted for any reason and is sitting at the login prompt, I cannot remote control the PC.

Does anybody know a way to start the software prior to logging in, a way to use this as a bluetooth so it always works, or another software that will allow the pocket pc to function as a wireless keyboard and mouse as long as the PC is booted up??
Old 10-07-2008, 07:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus
Re: PPC Tablet Remote Control with Bluetooth

I'll have to check out this tablet program, but try RealVNC's PPC client. It's the best VNC program I've found for the phone. You'll need to install a VNC server on your PC, but I also like RealVNC's PC server the best too. they're both free. Since you can install VNC as a service, and not just a program - it will launch with the PC before the windows login.

http://www.realvnc.com
The pocket PC app is kinda buried:
http://www.realvnc.com/products/beta/ce/
Old 10-07-2008, 11:09 PM
Lurker

atamas is a n00b

I use a product called "Mocha VNC" on my Mogul to connect to my PCs which are running the previously mentioned RealVNC.com server software. It's awesome - I can check what the kids are doing on the PC from anywhere there is an internet connection (i.e. USA and Canada).
Old 10-08-2008, 11:55 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

bugsysiegals is a n00b

Thanks, I will have to check out this VNC stuff.

In regards to checking out what the kids are doing on the PC ... I also have Remote Desktop on my Mogul which will allow me to take control of the PC and see the desktop; however, when I use Remote Desktop, I cannot start a movie from the Media Center. It has some type of error that pops up. This is why I like the tablet software which just lets me emulate the keyboard and mouse which doesnt restrict me from using Media Center in any way.

Thanks again!

B.T.W. Can a person who is sitting at the desktop tell that you have remotely connected and are viewing what they're doing?

Last edited by bugsysiegals; 10-08-2008 at 11:59 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by atamas View Post
I use a product called "Mocha VNC"
Mocha VNC (and any other PPC VNC client I've tried) has been horribly unstable for me. RealVNC's PPC client was the only one I could get to work consistently... What .cab are you using for Mocha? can you post it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsysiegals View Post
B.T.W. Can a person who is sitting at the desktop tell that you have remotely connected and are viewing what they're doing?
Not if you chose not to show the tray icon, and they're not a "power user".
Old 10-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Lurker

epsilon is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to epsilon Send a message via MSN to epsilon

IF you are still looking to run the program before you log in to windows you should try to run it as a service, that way its running before you log in.
http://www.msfn.org/board/run-progra...ce-t83272.html
That should tell you how to do that.

enjoy.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Lurker

epsilon is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to epsilon Send a message via MSN to epsilon

oh and as for running your vnc server so that people at the desktop cant tell its there. That's easy to do, you can wright or find a quick wraper to run it either with rundll or svchost. Then they would need to be a bit more then a "power user" to find it.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:05 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

bugsysiegals is a n00b

PPC Tablet has been pretty stable for the most part. Sometimes I get disconnected and have to re-connect but that only takes a few button clicks. I like that it also has a Media Center plugin. I'll try to run the software as a service and see how that turns out.

I'd also be willing to try VNC if it allows me to run Media Center. I know I cannot start movies when it detects remote login through RDP.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:14 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

VNC isn't for streaming media. Just a FYI bugs.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:40 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

bugsysiegals is a n00b

I guess I wasn't very clear with what I meant in the previous post. I didn't mean to stream media to my Mogul. I just meant to allow me to take remote control of the PC while I'm viewing it on the TV and move through the menus and start the DVD's I have saved to my HD from the phone instead of a bluetooth keyboard.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan