PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

Guzi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Another help question for xv6900

Just found this forum 2 days ago. Read and reread posts and decided to give OMJ.3.09.01 a try. I have a xv6900 that I purchased 2 days ago. To update phone I went through the following steps:

1)unlocked w / ImCokeMans’s v2.31 unlocker
2)flashed with Bell 3.09.01 and allowed to customize
3)flashed with OMJ.3.09.01.Custom.exe

Phone now boots and all applications appear to be there.

Here is my problem. The phone needed authenticated so called Verizon and they re-authenticated. They instructed me to then call *228 and choose option #2. My phone will dial out but neither option 1 nor option 2 will work. From talking to tech support I may be fine without doing either. However I cannot get out on the internet (have data plan). I called tech support again and tried to play stupid (not hard for me to do) and they pointed me to Settings / Connections / and proceeded to describe how to set up a new modem connection. I now have two choices CDMA and My work Network. They assumed I only had one. I listened to their instructions and then set up both modem connections, but cannot get out on the internet.

The number that they gave me was #777
User name is my phone number@vzw3g.com
and PSWD = VZW

Three calls now to tech support and I could feel their radar coming on the last time I called.

Any help with the *228 or internet issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 10-09-2008, 12:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Another help question for xv6900

You do understand this is the 6800 forum right? You miight get a better or fast answer if you move it to the right forum.

Vogue Forum
Old 10-09-2008, 12:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Another help question for xv6900

Did you install the verizon carrier cab??

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan