PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 10:55 AM
paoX2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Start>>Settings Problem

I installed the new rom 6.1 for alltel, have HTC customizer installed for the last 24 hours without a glitch, but now when I click on my start menu it will not show the last 3 items on the bottom of the menu (Programs, Settings, and Help).

The items will show up again after reboot the phone, but after that they won't show up after the first try. I have uninstalled/reinstalled HTC customizer and that didn't help either.

Any ideas before I cold reset and start over?
Old 10-09-2008, 11:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

uncpbman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Start>>Settings Problem

so you have HTC home on you titan, what version is it and is it working with out any problems
Old 10-09-2008, 11:14 AM
paoX2

Yes, HTC home. It is v1.0. It worked for the last 24 hours without any probs. I just now noticed that the problem described above happened. It will list even my recent open programs, but never the last 3 items.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:20 AM
N00b

uncpbman is a n00b

cause i have tried htc home 2.1 for my titan, on DCD 6.1 rom and it would lock up and i had to hard rest to get everything back to normal. Now that we have the new alltel rom, i was hoping everything would work perfect, so everything works fine for u, just not showing the start, settings, programs and help. Mine has never showed help, if it did i never noticed it, it does show programs and settings. How does the weather work with ur HTC HOME and HTC customizer?
Old 10-09-2008, 11:30 AM
paoX2

It works fine, i do however have to a manual update. I can't find where you can do an interval to refresh the weather. It does however say in the configuration to do an automatic refresh, but as stated I don't know what the interval is for refreshing the data. Everything works just fine, except for the above mentioned.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:38 AM
N00b

uncpbman is a n00b

so HTC customizer, doesn't have the option for weather to auto update? if not i can always use weather panel. just want a newer looking Today skin, and I was scared to put HTC home back on and have to hard reset. have u tried the 2.1 version http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26511
Old 10-09-2008, 12:49 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The problem isn't Alltel's ROM. It's third party software and this is the risk you take installing it.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:12 PM
paoX2

Never said the problem was alltel's rom. Just curious as to whether anyone else stumbled upon this and if there was a quick fix to it. If no cure, no biggie, that is after all why we back up our data.

thanks for the warning though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan