PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   quick question on sprint animation(boot screen) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39852)

tek2tirado 10-08-2008 06:56 PM

quick question on sprint animation(boot screen)

how do i get the sprint animation on my boot screen again?
i flashed a new rom with buildos and i left it as default but it doesnt work ...and i looked thru the animations and its not in there either
how do i dl the file and where do i place it 2 get it 2 work again?

fred_dj 10-08-2008 07:18 PM

Re: quick question on sprint animation(boot screen)

1 Attachment(s)
First download this attch, unzip it and move the GIF to somewhere in your ppc ( not the storage card )

To change it, specify the location and name of the new gif file by navigating to HKLM/SOFTWARE/HTC/HTC ANIMATION

tek2tirado 10-08-2008 07:50 PM

thanx for ur help
this is a diffrent version fromt he one the mogul comes wit .....but i like this one better
thanx again

tek2tirado 10-09-2008 05:20 AM

ok so i added it 2 build os ....added the animation and everythin ...but when i build the rom it doesnt show on my device
it shows the regular boot screens then a flash of black ...not even a seconds worth and then it goes to the wm6.1 screen
ne one know whadup wit that?

tek2tirado 10-09-2008 03:38 PM

bump!

electronicrice 10-09-2008 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tek2tirado (Post 451688)
ok so i added it 2 build os ....added the animation and everythin ...but when i build the rom it doesnt show on my device
it shows the regular boot screens then a flash of black ...not even a seconds worth and then it goes to the wm6.1 screen
ne one know whadup wit that?

the startup animation dropdown in buildos does not work for the titan. you can try all day but it will not add the animation to your phone. you have to add your animation to an OEM called HTC Startup Animation in the kitchen/oem .rar in the main program files folder and check it off in buildOS.

JimSmith94 10-09-2008 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electronicrice (Post 452388)
the startup animation dropdown in buildos does not work for the titan. you can try all day but it will not add the animation to your phone. you have to add your animation to an OEM called HTC Startup Animation in the kitchen/oem .rar in the main program files folder and check it off in buildOS.

It most certainly does work in the kitchen, and you don't have to add the animation to the HTC Startup Animation OEM. I just copied the animation I wanted to C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Animations\240x320, selected in the Animation dropdown, and checked HTC Startup Animation in the build files.

tek2tirado 10-09-2008 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimSmith94 (Post 452624)
It most certainly does work in the kitchen, and you don't have to add the animation to the HTC Startup Animation OEM. I just copied the animation I wanted to C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Animations\240x320, selected in the Animation dropdown, and checked HTC Startup Animation in the build files.

ill try this on the next build
ty